Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Robot I am working on.

Grim
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Grim polycounter lvl 17
Since I have to buy more memory before I can finish my dragon frown.gif I figured I would finish roughing out my robot. As always C&C are welcome.
robotwip1.jpg
robotwip2.jpg
robotwip3.jpg

Replies

• Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Have you tried increasing your pagefile size on your PC? Larger pagefile = more available memory, its slower than it would be if you add more RAM but it should still work. PM me if you need to know how to do it (PC, not MAC).

Robot looks cool, wires?
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    mmm cool design but i dont like the wings dont quite fit the design IMO and look impractical (like they couldnt fold)
  • Grim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grim polycounter lvl 17
    Xaltar: yes I increased the PF as large as windows xp will allow and I still get the same error...not enough core memory then zbrush crashes. While working on the dragon I noticed it is 200Mb less then 2 gigs of ram and almost 2 gigs of pagefile. I will post some wires later today.

Shepeiro: I kinda felt the same about the wings....so I will hit the drawing board and see if I can come up with something else.
    Thanks for the input.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    Grim: instead of trying to go any higher, break off limbs on the dragon, man. Just bake the normals from zmapper and combine them on the map later... or build a new low poly from scratch.

Anyway, this robot is tight like whoa. Nice work man.

There's a lot of random details, though. Still enjoying it.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    Looks awesome! You've gotta throw a human brain inside the hole in his head behind a glass dome though... that'd be awesome!

Great work!
  • Grim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grim polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks guys,

TorQue: We shall see about the brain. wink.gif
    and here are the wires:
    robotwires1.jpg
    robotwires2.jpg
    robotwires3.jpg
    robotwires4.jpg