Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

frankie

tpe
tpe
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tpe polycounter lvl 18
Hi guys, good to see so many familiar faces still here smile.gif.

Havn't had time for much other than work and family in a couple of years and finally got to do something for my self, if i am lucky it may get finished in another couple of years smile.gif. when those ss ledahosen find there way to it smile.gif.

frankie.jpg

tim

Also good to see there is still so much wenie worries going on wink.gif.

Replies

• Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    hooo beautiful, the metal rings along the top of the forehead really help the overall composition of his face. Bravo.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Looking good! I'm guessing its WIP, but I'd like to see some color on there somplace. Eyelashes as well...
    The ridges on the lower lip dont look too hot either at this point. Smaller, more variation in placement, angle & length.
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Good to see you back around tpe. Nice frankenhosen
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great. I love the expression on the face. I think the facial skin could use some roughing up in the details... like some stitch work or the ring clips like you used on the edges. Something keep it unique though.
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Great comments there, ill see what i can do and get them fixed sharpish and change the pic. It's nice to be back while it lasts, even if the next crunch is on its way already frown.gif. But at least you guys are keeping everything alive smile.gif.

tim
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, long time, no see TPE. That's looking really nice. Has a real "life" to it. I agree with the other crits, but it is looking really good.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    yo whatever happened to frankie, last I met he was working on quake wars...
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    frankie went to hollywood.

relax...
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    @ Sectaurus BOOM BOOM BOOOM smile.gif Nice one.

thanks Ninjas smile.gif got some way to some of them.

It would be really helpfull to know if the second one is better?

frankie1.jpg

Or just too photochopped?

thanks smile.gif

tim
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    not sure about the grainy effect, the fade is nice tho, problem is old photos (I assume you're going for an old photo look) usually have more contrast than that, so it kinda takes away from the realism of it.
    still it's a sweet model! I hope you don't mind, but I HAD to do this:
    sorry.jpg
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    MAULOr, ROFL thats excelent, at least there is one sane one in the year book smile.gif . Yes you are right about the contrast, and my screen is over contrasty in the mid range too, and all the detail goes when i knock up the contrast to that of the original films frown.gif. The year book sugested a little improvement? it does kind of look like a passport photo.

tim
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    it's such a candid shot, like maybe a wildlfe photographer was tracking him and caught a sad moment. Or maybe on set at the original filming of the movie someone photographed the actor in his makeup.
    What would really be awesome (I know it's alot of work) would be to get a wider, full shot with him sort of pondering his hands or like when he first sees himself in the mirror and realizes what he is... that's the sort of expression I'm seein on his face. just an idea smile.gif
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    Looking great tim smile.gif
  • JonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonT polycounter lvl 18
    Good resemblance. Maybe as the skin at the forehead is being strtched and stapled it won't be as wrinkly as you'd expect but a bit more sag at the lower half of the face, as if it were hanging off.

ps. last time we fragged must have been four years ago? I'm coming up to the end of my degree,maybe we should have some polyfragging reunion?