Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

what what?!?

Replies

• Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    EQzor!!!!
    Looks great, still a couples of problem in the uppercheek in the screenshot you posted (the right one). Her skin tone is too reddish drop the ss a little bit or tone done the color. Her mouth still bugs me, but could be the style your going for. And please fix those hair they look fugly at the mo give them some poly loving to make them smoother and vary the hair color.

keep rockin' EQ sensei tongue.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Looks really cool, although the mostly frontal shot looks a lot better than the 3/4 or side shot. I think it needs some tweaking on that axis.
    And the eyebrows arn't really up to the same standard either... right now they really look painted onto the skin with a few brush strokes.

Last but not least: I love those freckles on the dark skin smile.gif
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hummmm,,, meaty lips.. lol
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Because im fair and balanced just like fox news heres a little comparison shot of a few shaders.... I almost included metal bump9 but FUCK THAT LOLEZ

devon_skinshader10.jpg
  • Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    Man, I like the underglow the second one has, but it looses contrast (and the bounced light is too harsh at the edges there)... any way you can get something between the first and second one?

Nice stuff!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh i had a conversation about this with a guy i worked with not too long ago, came to the conclusion that it would be perfect if you could get some result that was a blend of J.I's and ben's shaders.... But ben's is much more expensive so j.i's is probablly the way to go.....
  • J.I. Styles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J.I. Styles polycounter lvl 18
    "...came to the conclusion that it would be perfect if you could get some result that was a blend of J.I's and ben's shaders"

Absolutely -- both our shaders have large pro's and con's - in the end it's the old apples and oranges comparison; whatever your personal preferance laugh.gif

Ultimately there's no perfect method or technique out there yet to render realistic organics (both in pre-rendered and real time).

In offline rendering the best we have is a damn good approximation which takes forever to render - in real time it's still very much early days still and will continue to be so for at least another year or so.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    EQ you need teh BOOBS !!!! ahahah love the model, texture is great ! could use a tad more color in area around the eyes and cheeks, nitpicking as usual, and i also agree with Styles, both shaders have good and bad , if balanced with each other might come something impressive;)
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    whoa 2 pages. i suck.

looks pretty smile.gif
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha moose its only 2 pages cause i've updated like 30 times with minor changes. =D

[edit] OH SNAP 3 PAGES
  • shardy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shardy polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great but the lower lip really bothers me.. I think it sits too far back from the top lip.

the top lip comes down at a sharp angle and it doesnt feel like there is any flesh under it
  • Nova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nova polycounter lvl 17
    were you using only one side reference? or you have more shots of her