Home General Discussion

Pirates! Ninjas! Blood! Zombies!

Replies

• Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    There is no overreaction on my part, I expressed distaste and a bunch of morons jump out of the woodwork to insult me. I would have been satisfied just to point out the image but these fuckers seem to think they know better than I how I should feel about everything.
    If there's any overreaction it's the pricks that insulted me. 'I'd rather he didn't', how the fuck is that overreacting?

'I keep forgetting you're so different from us whities'
    That was insulting and patently offensive.

'With people like Weiser we wont get rid of racism because they manage to find some way to call something racist'
    That didn't even make any fucking sense. It was racist before I noticed it not after it wiped the smile off my face and killed my intrest in the game.

"You're being attacked because of YOUR racism. Expecting special treatment on account of race is the definition of racism."
    This isn't taking into account history, just as you wouldn't go around making holocaust jokes you don't make these sort of caractures of people who are still being mistreated and expect it to go over smoothly. I'm not saying you can’t do it, just don’t expect me not to call major fucking shenanigans over it.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Weird ... that was your 666th post ... DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!!!

Lighten up.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    You know who the worst racists of them all are? Caricature artists. Especially the ones that keep drawing Bush... damn them all
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is weird. Major Fucking Shenanigans, I just wanted to say it again.
    There you go again Ninjas, it wasn't just jessie jackson (though that would be enough) that knew it was racist, I did and every newspaper and channel I watch did as well and you know what that character is racist. Some people love amos and andy it's still fucking racist. You think Mr. Jacson looked like a fool because you wanted him to look like a fool. In my opinion he took it pretty easy on fox on that and the other stuff he said.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    "You're being attacked because of YOUR racism. Expecting special treatment on account of race is the definition of racism."
    This isn't taking into account history, just as you wouldn't go around making holocaust jokes you don't make these sort of caractures of people who are still being mistreated and expect it to go over smoothly. I'm not saying you can’t do it, just don’t expect me not to call major fucking shenanigans over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft, bullshit. We can kill Ninjas and samurai in games regardless of what things were like with the japanese in the 50's, we can have female villains regardless of how women used to be and still are treated in some places, and we can have Jewish villains too. It's a game, a story. Nothing less, nothing more.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No ninjas I've somehow lived in chicago for 20+ years and never encountered a mexican.
    I let fox news form my opinions for me and I also never vote. I keep forgetting that you are the expert on everything as you now know what's in the heart of every mexican on earth and you also know the details of my life well enough to dictate them to me...
    I need to find two more guys like you so we can live together and I can become an expert on bullshit.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    (gave up on this thread now.)
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    weiser stfu

hahaha hawken that's coincidentially awesome
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    a request was issued to close the thread. i agree.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Everyone knows there were no black slaves during the age of sail. That's just fiction like the holocaust. And all characters of african origin should be rendered without style or exaggeration, even tho ninjas and pirates always are. And all women should have large baby oil dripping knockers.

amen.

Besides, the little guy isn't wearing a gold chain and eating watermelon. (looked like zombie to me)
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    By the historical aspect you mean the slavery thing? Well my ancestors were slaves too from 13th century to 1816 but i havnt met any estonians demanding some special priviledges because of that.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Great art in this game. Gameplay is slightly lacking, but I'd buy it in a heart beat if released for PSP/GBA.

I'm currently working on a GameMaker project as well. Mine isn't as good as this one...yet!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Hang up your sword, stop your crusade. You're fighting for nothing, and making yourself look like an idiot.

*ahem*

Yeah, so what about the pirates and ninjas everyone?
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    It could have used a better ending, i.e. a boss fight before it cuts off...
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    thats cause they didnt entirely finish it yet kdr
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know, I just think they could have cut it either a few moments earlier (after the fight with the samurai dude) or moved that boss back a bit.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    I played it for a bit, and i'm dissapointed that the graphics are really the only thing that kept me going. They're nice enough to force me to play it again though, so i guess they did a good enough job!
    I must admit that the controls were a large factor in my gameplay-hating, though, since my control were in a weird l-shape, instead of a straight line (as was intended, i suspect.)
    azerty ftw! Is there a way to change this in the config files or something?
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    nah, gamemaker doesn't allow for much customization on the user-end frown.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I gave the program the focus and set the keyboard layout to US with that systray thingie (control panel -> Country settings -> Show Language Selector in Systray). Certainly not the first game to require that.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Your all a bunch of bloody wankers!
    Silly brits.
    Them and their silly prime ministers.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Cheapy: yeah, it does. it's definitely possible, I've seen it done many times.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    we could all learn a lesson from this game, Ninjas and Pirates, arch enemies, coming together and kicking ass in harmony.

Cool game but I ended up dying alot.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    uhhhhhgggg i read this entire post. I feel robbed of smart things in my thinky place.