Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monstaaa - SDK

Prs-Phil
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
monstaaa_shade.jpg

This thing was created when Shimmer came to visit me in austria. We sat down together infront of my computer and with the help of a few beers, lots of talk and swapping the hotseat the "Monstaaa" was born.

Fun thing to do, ... has to be repeated sometime grin.gif

Took around 5 hrs to make in total.

We did not unwrap him or anything so you can take him any direction you wan't and compensate our lazyness wink.gif ... afterall he was not created in that sense.

http://pu-art.com/monsta.zip

Hope you like him and looking forward what you will get out of him smile.gif

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No uvs? OMG HAX what kind of half assed SDK is this? Put the bong down and uv it!
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    hahahahaha you know who is fixing up the next one

Nah seriously, we both don't really have the ... time (yeah, thats a good word) to do him.
    He only was released because Per felt the urge to do him in with pixels.

See it as ... uhm a lighter.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wait, what? A lighter?
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    So... can this be considered 'Public Domain', or would you prefer to have it licenced with a 'copyleft' licence like the GPL?
    (I am basicly just asking if I can add it to my FreeGameArts website)
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    ALOT of edges need turning and the obj file doesn't open in blender
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    You know the only edges you're trying to turn are the ones on the monsta cock laugh.gif
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    lol two guys drinking beer and working at a computer... and you still make a monster with a dick.

cool model though smile.gif

judging by current trends here, i think hermaphrodites are the next 'big' thing. or obese women.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Obsese woman are sooo `99 Quake3 style...

EQ is trying hard to get the pedo-style adopted by the polycount community, but luckily there is a hard core resisting it so far laugh.gif

Oh and hermaphrodites... isn't that how most n00bie 'hot' babe models look like already?

I don't even dare to think what the next style might be around here, but I really hope Cheapy isn't the one starting it again confused.gif
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    i would like to be honored to uvmap prs phils latest model download here
    you can now skin the monster
    i have made a christmas monster
    i hope you like it
    xmasmonstr.jpg
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    hi, I just wanted to jump in and say sorry for this halfassed SDK. Phil is, as I assume from his offline times, currently moving and I am busy with contracting stuff, so none of us found the time to unwrap this sucker.

You can use it in any way you want, but please behave (no monster hentai games!!). Ehrm well yeah.

Thanks to Cheap alert for the unwrap. I may find the time to work on him and will work on my own UVmaps, and will make them public of course. Maybe about christmas time... dunno

However, sorry again... Reuse it, use it as refernce, make us happy, whatever.

Please do NOT use it as whole for your game or mod, its meant to be still an SDK, that is, well, just somehow handicaped laugh.gif

if you modify him, thats ok. Ensure you have our postal adress to send us some more beer. Thanks..

Sorry again.....