Home General Discussion

Digital thief :S

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Copying art, as in looking at something and drawing it again, is bad enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's called drawing studies, and is an accepted aspect of art training!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Worded badly. I mean taking a significant piece of art, for example, a comic book cover and redrawing it, and telling people you came up with it blah blah blah.

If I painted a direct copy of the Mona Lisa and told people that I painted The Mona Lisa and it's all my creation, its wrong.

Recreating things is definitely legitimate in art study, just not stealing art in that case. I could understand trying to repaint a van gogh to learn the technique, but not to pass it off as stand-alone significant piece.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Also, jay hawk cares very little about naughtyboy ripping his work off. A little flattered, infact.

That said, still wrong!
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

This is other image , I see the image time ago then i foud the conan images and his hands are really = .

Gary said " there were very little guidelines and all I was told was to create a warrior figure "

(I'm fan of gary's art)

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard Gary Freeman eats babies. He sits in the corner at work and just growls at dudes who walk by such that no one even lets on they are looking in his general direction.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Picking up a cover is alright as long as you don't pretend like your reinventing the wheel.
    I remember a guy got in trouble for lifting an entire comic (think it was from/to x-force), every panel and pose.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Linda Berkavist was caught lying about painting over photos in her art work and yet I think it's obvious how talented she is

[/ QUOTE ]
    Can you show me where this was proven? I know some people where talking about it, but i doubt she'd straight-out lie about that. I never saw any proof of it though.
    She was pretty much being lynched over it without any proof, which irritated me.