Home General Discussion

Widescreen Wacom

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
Thought this would be of interest for those with widescreen panels.

Widescreen Wacom

Apparently about £250...

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Damn.

Just bought the a4 intuos3 a few months ago. They are right though, I've never used this crappy mouse. Mostly because it works relative to the tablet, not the direction its pointing in. Hopeless for gaming.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Damn.

and i just bought two 20.1 inch TFT screens because i didn't want to deal with the mismatch in aspect ratio. i had gone 24 inch otherwise.
    but, A5 is too small, away with that postal stamp, get me a real tablet wink.gif
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    I want of these damn it !

02aug-sw7s-Cintiq.jpg
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    is that the 21 inch citiq? one of my colleagues has one. nice screen, albeit a little slow for 3D. a really much improved version of the old 17 inch (or so) cintiq.
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, this is great. Drawing on my widescreen laptop is a bit wonky with my 6x8 tablet, but I've managed. This is a good reason to finally get an Intuos 3.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    On my dual screen setup at work, I have an 18x12" intuos. to make up for the extra res on the side, I have it mapped about a quarter of the way to the other screen where I have my palette and tool windows placed for photoshop and bodypaint.
    I think that's just about the same ratio as a widescreen format.
    I just got my new laptop in too, and it's 16:10 ratio. I should test it out on that, once I get photoshop installed. :S
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, i've got a normal ratio intuos 3 as well.. never noticed problems on it on my apple cinema, but given the chance i probably wouldn't mind trading up to the widescreen tablet smile.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Jack: Try tracing a circle on your tablet, and then you'll notice.
    I use a 4:3 tablet both at home & at work, but both 16:10 monitors...so Ive gotten used to it.
    That said, I'll be budgeting for this new tablet anyway.
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    Never noticed any difference using the wacom on my apple widescreen... but uhm, obviously there is a difference, never thought about it.

Now that i know it it will make me all paranoid probably :/

Pogonip, i've been thinking about those screens but don't think i'd really like them. Besides of them getting all dirty from your hand resting on them (good luck floating your hand over it for hours), your hand would cover part of the screen, the tip of the pen would cover your fine strokes when painting details, and doesn't anybody else rotate their tablets a bit when painting in different directions ?
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    scoob: tracing one, perhaps, but when was the last time you've traced anything on a tablet? the intuos 3 don't even have that laminate sheet that you lift to place a piece of art under. i can freehand circles just fine on my own, thankyewverymuch!