Home General Discussion

RUSH fans and non/fans thought you might enjoy.

Foehammer
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
looks very accurate, no idea how old this is it was done with MAX R3 NEIL PEART ANIMATED on DRUMS

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    wow i imagine that would have been a pain in the ass to get the timing that good
  • KeyserSoze
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    The video doesn't really blow me away, but the animation itself is pretty impressive (and so is the fact that he was able to synch up the drums realistically, which is quite an achievement).

On a side note, that same drum/guitar intro is used on one of Primus' songs (the track "John the Fisherman" off the live album "Suck on This"). I never realized it was from a Rush song smile.gif.
  • Sean McBride
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, the animation amazes me. Character looks alright. but wow, tons of work must have gone into that video.
  • BIOS
    Offline / Send Message
    BIOS polycounter lvl 18
    love the lightning.
  • Foehammer
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The video doesn't really blow me away, but the animation itself is pretty impressive (and so is the fact that he was able to synch up the drums realistically, which is quite an achievement).

On a side note, that same drum/guitar intro is used on one of Primus' songs (the track "John the Fisherman" off the live album "Suck on This"). I never realized it was from a Rush song smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah primus also used the same on the intro to Frizzle Fry
  • AstroZombie
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I wasn't really impressed with the actual animation. I thought the character looked to stiff and not life-like enough. The overall production was well done and the timing was pretty good, though.
  • BIOS
    Offline / Send Message
    BIOS polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I wasn't really impressed with the actual animation. I thought the character looked to stiff and not life-like enough. The overall production was well done and the timing was pretty good, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

the funny thing about neil is that his drumming can appear/sound very stiff. so in some ways, that animation was quite accurate.