Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Recruitment for Half-Life 2 TC

Hellwolve
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Hellwolve polycounter lvl 18
I am looking to make a TC named 'Pandaemonium'. In short, this TC will be a third person shooter, akin to Max Payne or Devil May Cry and is about a Vampiric mercenary hiring himself out to the highest bidder.

For more info on what I've planned, please check out the Design Doc. It goes into far more details about "Pandaemonium" then this post.

As I myself do not possess all the qualities needed to make "Pandaemonium" reality, I'm looking to assemble a dedicated team.

Since I myself can texture constructions (e.g. non-organic) well, I am looking for:
-one extra person that’s good at texturing humanoids and other creatures.
-one animator to give life to the humanoids and other creatures.

Before making a plea to all the modders reading this, there are two questions I want to answer.

One, what can you as a team member expect of me as team leader? First and foremost, dedication. I won't rest 'til Pandaemonium is in version 1.0 and has been made available to the general public. I'll update all team members regularly and I'll try to do the 'PR' as good as I can, plus I'll do my part of the mod myself; I’m not purely an 'idea man'.

On to the second question, in my opinion also a very important one. What do I as team leader expect of team members? Basically, the same as I'm putting in: dedication. I want at least one update every week, be it a new render,a new texture or something similliar, or a valid reason for having nothing substantial. And I want that 'til the very end. Of course, there are circumstances that even those with the best intentions can't continue, but barring such circumstances, I don't want dropouts. Keep this last point in mind when mailing me!

If you’ve read all of the above and the Design Document and if you want to join me, please send me an email ( j_van_den_bos@hotmail.com ) containing two things: examples of your work and as much contact information as you can spare.

If you've got a question, feel free to ask it here, through that email adress or in a PM on this forum.

I hope to hear from you soon!

(Edit #1: I've removed the modeller position, as it has been filled)
(Edit #2: I've removed the mapper position, as it has been filled)
(Edit #3: Thanks to a recent 'rush' of activity, the positions of concept artist and coder have been filled.)

Replies

• Hellwolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellwolve polycounter lvl 18
    Our team is almost complete. Almost...All we miss is an animator and a model skinner.

So, if there are any animators or model skinners out there who can work with the Source engine or would like to learn to work with it, please contact me!

Don't be afraid we're vapourware. I've little doubt we won't make it. The team as it is now has been and will be pretty active. For starters, there's been a big concept art update, courtesy of Simon, also known as BiNoChEd:

thumb_33688.jpg thumb_33685.jpg thumb_33684.jpg thumb_33683.jpg thumb_33682.jpg

Plus one that's exclusive to ModDb, which you can find here.

Then there's other work we've done...Morthor's model and skin are done, his rig just needs to be finished and animations to be made. The first map is well underway, thanks to our mapper, DeltaMagnum. Here's a little snippet:

hades00177eo.jpg [/b]