Home Technical Talk

Cloth in Max 8

Nakur
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Nakur polycounter lvl 18
I've gone through the cloth tutorials that come with max 8, but I'm still having some problems. When I use simulate local to bring the seams of the cloth together, it kind of crumples the clothing into this mass of polygons. It works ok when I do very basic uncomplicated clothing, but when I tried to do the pleated skirt excercise, it didn't want to work. Also, how do you "connect" the clothing; that is, once you've decided you've simulated enough of the seam pulling, how do you attach them all into one piece of clothing? The tutorial just said to turn off the seam spring pulling, which just stops the pulling, it didn't actually join them together...

Looking forward to any advice, or if you can point me to some more in-depth tutorials, that'd be great too.

P.S.- In the documentation, discreet mentions using PatternMaker to make the clothing layouts. I've tried going to the site, but it seems to be down. Anyone know what's going on with that? And is pattern maker free software, or if not, how much is it?

Replies