Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Practice

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
So, I've been going through portfolio reviews at school and have been told that I need to work on my human models so here they go. I've started working on 2 models, a male and a female. So far I've got about 4 hours work into each of them. I've been doing a lot of environmental props lately, so its a switch to go back to characters. All opinions welcome. Thanks.
Fem1Persp.jpg
Fem1Front.jpg
Fem1Side.jpg
Male1Persp.jpg
Male1Front.jpg
Male1Side.jpg

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I'd try making the polys more consistent in their density. You have areas like the lower waist on both characters where there are three rings within an inch of each other. I like the silhouette of the female, but she is a little too dense for the detail you do have going on. The male isn't looking quite as confident in his proportions and volume, but they are both coming along.

Keep it up.
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Its been a while since my last post. I've decided to start over since the other stuff was junk. I'm making a somewhat "normal" Batman in that I'm building what I think a regular guy trying to be a superhero would be. Still need to finish details like the cape and belt but I think I'm pretty much done with the body. C+C welcome and appreciated.

Bats01.jpg
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    would you like to ride with batman?

Looks good but just fix his upper arms, his bat-suit musta got a little deflated in that area...
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with the above mentioned crits, poly density definitely needs to be worked on and formed out

I dont have a lot of time to give more crits, hopefully ill have some time later, but just try standing in the pose you have your male model...your back would get sore from trying to stand like that