Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Likeness

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
Hey everyone, I've been working on this for the past few days as practice, and it's definitely been some hard work for me wink.gif

Crits are really appreciated!

I'd like to see if anyone can guess who it is before I say anything, just for fun:

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

tex.jpg

I also need to say thanks to Sean (n30g3n3s1s) and b1ll; Sean is always willing to help me out when I need a fresh set of eyes, and gives me good advice when I need it smile.gif b1ll I have to thank because I really like his stuff and I looked at his skin tones a lot for this, as well as his techniques. Thanks to both of you!

Replies

• Keg
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    a little clint eastwood from what I can see... the hat looks funny on the guy
  • Neo_God
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I see more Lee marvin, or a bastard child of Sean Connery and Clint Eastwood.
  • hobodactyl
    Offline / Send Message
    It's (supposed to be) Clint Eastwood from Pale Rider:
    Some pics
    They've got a couple of decent pictures there.

I hope it wasn't too off, but all crits are appreciated smile.gif
  • Neo_God
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Alright if that's clint, then you are gonna have to make that chin and jaw more narrow. Also rotate his ears out, so they don't look so flat against his head. Thin up his beard too, he has a much more of a rough shave than beard. Bring out is upper lip a bit too and slope his forehead a little more. And finally, bring the corners of his eyes down a bit.

You also need some hair coming off of his head at the sides and back.
  • hobodactyl
    Offline / Send Message
    This is about 1 1/2 hours of work just messing around with the proportions and stuff; I know the hair really needs work, I am gonna mess with it tomorrow, gotta sleep now though :P

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

Just a pose I put him in real quick:
    ss6.jpg

Thanks a lot for the crits, keep 'em comin'! wink.gif
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    If those are the images you're using for a reference, then I'd suggest getting some more.. maybe some of Clint from other films. One of your earlier images looked pretty good (the profile), but the others had his chin too square.
    Now you have a good rounded and thinner chin, which is much closer. I'd suggest visiting his nose. Yours is pointed and Clint's is rounded. I think the jawline could use some extending too. Also, notice in the images how his temples wrinkle a lot. That's part of why he always looks pissed wink.gif
  • Arco
    Offline / Send Message
    Arco polycounter lvl 18
    hey not too bad there. I think to make it look more realistic you could smooth out some of the wrinkles on his nose... I wouldn't have thought he would have horizontal wrinkles all up his nose like that.

Arco
  • hobodactyl
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, I appreciate the crits! I just saw them now that I am going to bed, though, and this is the last I am doing with Clint for now. I need to start some work on some other stuff, but I messed with the proportions and a few other things, so here's the "complete" Clint Eastwood :P

ss7.jpg

Lazy pose:
    ss8.jpg

I'll remember your advice next time I model him smile.gif Goodnight!
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i would spend a bit more time with teh texture, cause there seems to be a great discrepance between shadows and highlight, cause uv got there whites very strong, wich arent needed :P

could you show us a wire too ?