Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sean's daily zbrushing.

Replies

• Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe try making the crotch less defined and or making the fabric look stretched between his legs.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Sean: Can I see the refs you were working from?
    Given the height of his crotch, the abs and belly button look waaay too high on his body, and too wide also. I think it's probably because the height from waistline to the base of his crotch is too large.

Edit: Oh, just read that other stuff, heh ... yeah, I think Weiser_Cain is on the right track for how to fix the pants/crotch problem. At the moment they look very tight at the base, as if they're actually hugging his figure... if you want to imply that they're not, you'll have to make them seem more baggy - less definition, change the angle of the folds, have less of a sharp angle from vertical to horizontal plane... that might help.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah good idea, thanks guys. smile.gif I'll get to that.
  • Taimaishu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taimaishu polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the lovely tutorial Sean. smile.gif Can't seem to download those files though.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    bringing this guy back to life. Going to do you know who... seems he's fairly popular these days.

Very basic control mesh before the zbrush. I never really add much detail in these. Of course the hair wont be sticking out that far in the smoothed version. ;D

wolfie.jpg

and the first pass...

wolfie2.jpg

much more tomorrow.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah buddy, lookin cool man
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Fast improvement! How many hours a day do you spend on this? I just purchaced Zbrush 2, and I'm still not as proficient as I wish to be : /
  • Mit Gas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mit Gas polycounter lvl 18
    beautiful models, you rule!
  • Zatoichi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zatoichi polycounter lvl 18
    Well, in response to your earlier post, I have been working at getting a career in the 'biz' for more than 5 years now. I have had interviews and art tests, but still no professional jobs other than alot of gametesting/ QA'ing. While I have seen others persue it and finally give up for domestic boring jobs, I havn't yet. I guess my problem has been my fustration with computer programs. Now, If you can learn them earlier...the better. Good luck and your zbrush work looks good.