Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Classy Thug

Ramucho
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
Finally had a day off to work on something smile.gif

Well I'm spending my summer holidays by my parents in Italy, and I was astonished to see the difference of cultures especially now that I've spent a year in France. Even the "thugs" here are different. They're more like disco dudes that turned bad laugh.gif . So I decided to make a model of a classy thug and to give it some anime influences (especially on the clothes design).

Well For now the model is almost finished I still need to:
_Correct the shirt (cuz now it's just a basic extrusion of the torso) so I can pose it decently.
_Finish the head and the hands (the hairs still need a little of thinking on the concept).
_Also need to finish the concept for visual galore tongue.gif

Note: that I'd like the model to fit the concept as much as possible.

I also have some problems/hesitations:
_I'm hesitating a little bit about the design of the pants that's why they're different from the concept and the model
_I was also wondering if anyone have some advices on cloth rigging as the shirt is a separate mesh.

I guess that's all C&C please!

Cheers

oh! the pics! confused.gif

classythug2re.jpg
classythugsketch3me.jpg

P.S:I'd also like to thank all the guys that posted in my last topic about art style, it was extremely helpful, thanks again.
Also check xcloud.net tut it was very helpful even if I don't understand korean tongue.gif

Replies

• BigL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BigL polycounter lvl 18
    looks a bit too symetrical, other than that I thik it looks to be great.
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    hehe Yeah BigL it's pretty symetrical right now but I don't think i'll break monotony with the textures.

I just finished the base model (still needs a pair of gloves and the final shirt).

ob24el.jpg
    ob19qy.jpg

sorry for the big screencaps smile.gif
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    cool start.

I'd remove some polies from the pecs to put them into the shoulders, for deformaiton purposes, some polies around the crotch/legs are not needed (I think about these folds and the little bevel to show where the trousers stop) they don't help much the silhouette and could be used in other, more important, places, like deformed points (again) or face detailling/hairdo. same goes for the back of the jacket.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I can really see the xcloud influence, almost too much to the point where his style overtakes your model.

The shoulders are massive, as big as his head. From the side view, the front and back of the shoulders are almost flat across the chest and back. Making the shoulders smaller, and moving them back will help the chest appear stronger. You have to buff up the back to balance out his core with the rest of his body. The wrists look too long, and the head (maybe upper neck) seems small. I think you could scale the head wider from the side, not sure about that though.

It's coming together well though.