Home General Discussion

Boston Sketchgrp - Harvard Mus. of Nat. Hist. 9/11

Posted this on CGChat and ConceptArt, posting here to catch more locals...

Harvard Museum of Natural History. Any of you ever been? Amazing zoological collection, every type of mammal/fish/bird/reptile you could wish for, mounted in glass cases. Everything from an elephant, to three full whale skeletons, ape/chimp skeletons, stuffed lions, zebras, snakes, every kind of bird you can think of, etc.

Amazing stuff. Get as close as you like, for as long as you like, and nothing moves! Only downside is the persistent smell of mothballs, if you're allergic or something.

Open 9-5 everyday. Costs $8.50, but there's free admission Sundays before 12, and Wednesdays after 3.

Let's meet Sunday Sept. 11 at 10am, at the Oxford St. entrance. I've only entered through the Divinity St entrance, but I'm sure it'll be easy to find people on the other side.

They're supportive of artists bringing handheld sketchbooks, dry media (pencils, charcoal, etc.), and small chairs (ala folding canvas stool) if you like.

It's a 5-min walk from the Harvard Square T. If you're driving, last time I took the kids there was free street parking on Francis Ave, one block East.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=26+Oxford+...40525&hl=en

It's such a cool museum. I'm going regardless of whether anyone else is going, but I'd love to meet and greet other local art types, check out your sketchbooks.

Any takers?

Replies