Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UT2003 female juggernaut skin.

frosty
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
frosty polycounter lvl 18

Yet another skin from old frosty. smile.gif My second one in like 2 years.

Her name is jufema - those sad, sad eyes from all that killing.

Finally almost done. Crits and tips totally welcome.

Sorry for the poor screen shots - in a hurry. smile.gif

http://www.geocities.com/frostysfreezer/jufema.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/frostysfreezer/jufemaFlats.jpg

Replies

• Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    geocities sux ! Can't see your pics :/
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    this is a good start Frosty.

Id say ya need to sharpen it all up some though.All the scratchs and wear on the armour look far to blurred....makes it look like snow or soemthing smile.gif.

john
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    You could probably add a whole lot more colour variation through the metal too more blues and browns to make it pop a bit more.
  • J.I. Styles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J.I. Styles polycounter lvl 18
    try www.uploadit.org for hosting forum images - the allocated bandwidth on sites like geocities gets chewed up in no time whatsoever, so only a select few get to see your images.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lacking colour, lacking definition, lacking a solid design.
    it's like the things we say just don't register.
    My prediction? whatever trouble people go through by giving him constructive criticism, in a year he'll post again, and it'll be the same skin on another model.
    As proof that you actually read this, why don't you --for a change-- post a followup message in which you show that you understand what we mean? It's a crazy idea, but it might work!
    You could become so much better if you'd only TRY something else then what you've been doing. People always bitch about cheapalert, but this is so much worse.
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

Yet another skin from old frosty. smile.gif My second one in like 2 years.

Her name is jufema - those sad, sad eyes from all that killing.

Finally almost done. Crits and tips totally welcome.

Sorry for the poor screen shots - in a hurry. smile.gif

http://www.geocities.com/frostysfreezer/jufema.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/frostysfreezer/jufemaFlats.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Woow! Great job, what i would do is give it a little more brithness, the textures are super. Please make the preview pic bigger so i make it as my background, other than that fantastic work.

ciao
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

RG sorry they worked fine for me and at two other forums. I apoligize.

Bronco & Jackblade - Thanks - I am still working on her and going to add color.

JI Styles - Thanks for the tip - will check it out.

Peanut - Thank you, still working on it, her face is meant to be ugly also. smile.gif

Mighty Pea -

Sorry to have wasted your time Pea. I thought I may be getting better at my hobby, but I see I have worn you out and others as well too. I guess even though
    this is my WIP progress, I was still going to add color and logo's/coronas. Thanks agina for your honesty and candid opinion. I will make a point of this and this will be my official last post at Polycount.

I am sorry again.

frosty aka Glen
  • JBoskma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
    Pea to be honest, I'm seeing big progression in the work of Frosty. And like he's saying it's his hobby and he enjoys it, and I'm glad he does. Frosty don't stop posting here, just use the comments you agree with. The comments where you think: ''Hey silly me, I didn't think of that myself''. Ignore the ones you can't cope with. Keep it fun.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    Frosty you seem to be lacking hues that really stand out, everything always seems a bit muddy with your work. I did this messing around for 5 minutes with Selections. Levels, and Hue/Saturdation...

frosty01.jpg

granted i am no texture expert, and if i am wrong someone let me know, but i just thing you need to mess around get some more colors to stand out. start to get away from the Grey/Brown mud look.

you are far better than i so keep at it!
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Frosty. I actually think you have gotten better. Slow and steady they say...
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, so i may have been a bit harsch there, but it is a fact that i've never seen you take our crits into account. And i think that's a shame, since you could be improving so much more so much faster.
    Jboskma's right though, if you enjoy it, keep at it, but try to at least pick up some advice left and right, you could really put it to good use.
    nevermind my last post, it was a shitty day.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    //.Thx Jelmer.

3dguy - thx for the workover /i really see what you mean will take it to heart. Will mess with it after I recover the use of my left arm. smile.gif

Thx Ninja's been a while since Iheard you. smile.gif

Pea No problem, I hve more bad days than good now myself.

I am attempting adhere to crits the ones here I actually save in word & review later I am just not getting it out well enough. I am sorry. Will try harder next skin, & I will post again, I am a real drama Queen most of the time. smile.gif
  • Arco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arco polycounter lvl 18
    hey still posting I see frosty.

Well I remember you from waaaay back and you certainly have improved in terms of detail and general texture work from what I remember. However as others have said it looks to me like you didn't really think out what you wanted to do with it (unless a grey version of a basic unreal type character is what you wanted). I always used to like thinking about what i could do with a model, the liberties that i could take with a mesh to make what is basically a plain ol' space marine into a new and exciting character. to do this firstly I would definately liven the whole shebang up with some colour, but also really try and plan what you want to do. For example take a shot of the model you want to skin and sketch over it in photoshop to see what you can get away with... maybe remove the head with a shader and paint a big robo face on the chest armour... hey presto crazy big head robo monster!

It is good to see that you have gotten better, but still I feel a certain imagination is lacking sorely from your otherwise not bad efforts.

Arco
  • X-One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X-One polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Frosty, nice to still see you around. I barely post, but still lurk. No doubt, you've come quite a ways from where you started, don't think anyone can deny that.

As far as this WIP, what I really want to see is more contrast, as well as some colour variation.

Keep it up, do what you like doing.

(note to self: Post more often)
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    I have to say that you're getting better frosty, i've seen your work since you first started posting on the forums and I'm glad to see that the flame wars and the assholes haven't caused you to give up doing something you enjoy to do.

That being said, I think you need to work on popping out your metal highlights and try not to use so many nuts/bolts and caution tape on the character.

I could be wrong but i think the thing that makes metals look good is broad flat surfaces with very sharp highlights and some mid-town variation on the surface of the object... You don't have to make all metal rusty and muddy ... but again, that's an opinion. Good luck, and hope that i've been at least a little helpful.