Home Technical Talk

Setting up a network rendering for max/vray?

jehuty
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
jehuty polycounter lvl 18
hello guys,

well i am here today with a huge question... and i'll try to explain as detailed as possible what i want and need...

so:

i am trying to render highpolyscenes interior/exterior mostly buildings in vray... so i made all the adjustments, with irradiance map and all the stuff that is needed to make it look goods. the major problem is like always "TIME"...! frown.gif
i can't use my Work-PC to render because it takes to much time (2,5 h for a small scene) and i still have to work on it... so i came up with the obvious idea to set up a network rendering... but i don't have any experience with this kind of rendering.

my questions are:
- do i have to install max/vray on all PCs i use to render?
- is it possible to remotecontrol the other PCs just give away the work from my PC and the others render it?
- if there is noone that knows about this, is the someone with a link to a "HOW TO" tutorial for my problem?

your asking your self, why is he not googling about it? well like i said time is my enemy... so i thought i could trick him if i ask the PRO's smile.gif
i would appreciate everythink that helps me save time and makes me setup the rendering ASAP...

thank you
jehuty

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All three questions are solved the best by reading the help file. Yeah, it's a lot of text to read, but it goes pretty fast. There are a few gotchas about setting up a net render, and in your case they're probably all covered in there. Troubleshooting Guide too! It's pretty comprehensive.