Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dr. Quellik

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
The Ben polycounter lvl 18
Hey all. I recently finished this model (at 8880 tris) and have been torn about the colors I should use for him. I like Blues, and Blues with complimentary Oranges also make me happy. I also like Black and Yellow, but that "danger/construction/industrial" vibe may not be appropriate for him. Any crits or suggestion would be greatly appreciated, whether for the model OR possible colors.

Render6.jpg

His face opens up to reveal three scopes that serve as his eyes.

Render7.jpg

Wires for those of you interested.

RenderWires.jpg

Thank you much.

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    THe model kicks ass. Lots of style, very creative. You could kill quite a few polys in a few places. The spikes on the boots for example have an extra edge loop going around them that does nothing to change their shape. I cant really tell but it doesnt look like the tips of the spikes end with a single poly either. Either way, that is really expensive in the poly department. There looks to be an extra loop on the circular thing on the top of his hands too. The buttons on his chest look a bit high poly as well. There are also those really close loops on the cloth around his neck and shoulders. They dont seem to serve much of a purpose. Anyways, I could go on like this for a while, but Im betting you can figure out where to opitimize it on your own.

As for the color scheme, I would advise against black and yellow. The whole bumblebee look sounds wrong to me. Blue and orange also sounds pretty weird to me to... Try finding colors that complement eachother a bit better perhaps

Anyways, I love the design. Looking forward to your progress