Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Female Vampire Hunter (Updated)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RE3456 polycounter lvl 18
This is a character I been working on for my school portfolio. It is bascilly inspired by Jessica Biel in Blade 3. Right now she is at 5000ish polycounts. I still need to model the bow for her as well as some small accessories. Hopefully I can start texturing her this weekend.

Any C&C is greatly appreciated.

frontwire.jpg

Backwire.jpg

Facewire.jpg

Shaded.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Replies

• Zeldrik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeldrik polycounter lvl 18
    I like the bottom of the pants a lot, very cool wrinkles.
    The boots may be a bit bulbous and cartoony though.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    is it just me or does she seem to have two left feet?
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    No, it seems she does XD.

Well, on the serious side, I think its really awesome, I loved her in that movie, very sexy, I just hope you can bring that sexiness/kickassness to this model smile.gif.
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    nice , but she doesn't look as vampire yet.
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys for the feedbacks, really appreciated. yeah, the feet does look weird at that angle, I just fixed it. Right now I'm unwraping the character and damn it is a bitch to do unwraping.

Dizzywalnut, sorry for the misunderstand, she is suppose to hunt vampires not a vampire hunter smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    The face seems really odd at the moment. Her mouth is very pinched. I wouldn't bring that many edges to a single point, it's not going to smooth well.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    bigger gob.

smaller clogs.

pukka.
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The face seems really odd at the moment. Her mouth is very pinched. I wouldn't bring that many edges to a single point, it's not going to smooth well.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the reply poop, always love your works. Can you please tell me which part of the face is weird? is it just the mouth? and are you talking having too much loops all going to the edge of the mouth?

thanks
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    bigger gob.

smaller clogs.

pukka.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I'm confused, do you mean bigger mouth with smaller head? smile.gif
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    bigger mouth = bigger gob
    smaller clogs = smaller shoes
    pukka = good
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    cowboy boots would look nice, just the lower part showing.
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Dizzywalnut, sorry for the misunderstand, she is suppose to hunt vampires not a vampire hunter smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gifmad.gifconfused.gif

excuse-me , I didn't read well.
    ( that's me ; diZzy wink.gif )

Your mesh is nice , clean.
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    bigger mouth = bigger gob
    smaller clogs = smaller shoes
    pukka = good

[/ QUOTE ]

got it
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's an awesome idea. too bad I already started unwraping. perhaps I can do some adjustment later on.
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gifmad.gifconfused.gif

excuse-me , I didn't read well.
    ( that's me ; diZzy wink.gif )

Your mesh is nice , clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks tongue.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's an awesome idea. too bad I already started unwraping. perhaps I can do some adjustment later on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more biker boots. They are very much like cowboy boots but without the crazy cowboy pattern stitched in the side, and they are minus the pointy toe. Something with some small details around the ancle. Or maybe something like this. With the jeans over the stop of course.

Model looks great, good style, fair use of polys and if you made the adjustments already stated above things should go well =) One thing I see now I didn't before, is the strap for the quiver. Normally this would run under the boob or over the top of the chest. I don't know that many women that would feel comfortable having the strap where it currently is, much less being able to keep it there when they move. Velcrow nipple would solve that problem I guess...
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, here is the update of the model, I'm about 80% done with the texture, as you can see the alpha for the hair is not finish yet and it is the main part I'm having trouble right now to come up with a realistic hair alpha, so if you know any tips or tutorials on the net please let me know. I'm not really familiar with rendering so I just did two quick test render, sorry if the image is not clear enough. I'm really slow with texturing but it is getting there I hope Right now I'm working on a male soldier and I will post the wires as soon as I'm done.

Again any c&c is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for viewing

Jess1.jpg

Jess2.jpg
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    It's probably the hair blending into the black background but her eyes look like they're too high and the foreghead too small.