Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lazy Samuraiii & chick har har

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
b1ll polycounter lvl 18
Daaaang, So lazy.
ahah Nah, I have a lot of crap started,
But Im interested in finishing this one!

Samurai slash Robot slash mech
and the chick that goes inside and control it.
Inside still not done, but Bah! tommorow! ill finish that Heeeyaaa!
samurai_11.jpg
samurai_12.jpg
samurai_8.jpg
samurai_9.jpg
samurai_7.jpg
samurai_6.jpg
samurai_3.jpg
samurai_5.jpg
samurai_13.jpg
yeah, so Ill finish the mesh tommorow, and Start the Texture later. Im moving outside the city soon, soo Ill move my arse.;

Oh and HARRY IS STILL ALIVE!, with long hair, YAYAYY!

harry_myarse.jpg

b1ll

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Dude your so dumb! smile.gif hahaha, It's like that huge samurai on most extreme challange. So awsome man. That chick is so cool, her torso is sorta weird though. Great stuff.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Oh holy shit b1ll! That is great looking. Though I do agree with Ghost_rider about the female's torso, it looks like the rib cage is going down too far.
  • fiart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fiart polycounter lvl 18
    Hi b1ll,
    the robot is simply great.I'm not sure about the jacket's shoulder, they look strange.The girl's anatomy is strange too, but maybe is a choise.
    Can't wait to see this one textured.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    all soo wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg what a mess learn how to model for gods sakes!
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    There totally awesome looking but the mesh is way bizarre were you drunk when you modeled that ? It's totally badass though keep going !!!
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    O.O

The robot is amazing, I'd love to see that textured and moving around.
    The 'chick' however, I'm gonna have to decline frown.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Harry Potter head is very cool!

Love all the faces.

The robot body looks awesome, but the head looks pretty out-of-place on top of it... and I don't like the robes... they're pretty boring, and they're hiding the cool body.

The woman is pretty cool, I like her face and hair, but the body looks like it's from two different people, like the upper half above the waist is from an athletic young woman, then below the waist from a fat old lady... the anatomy is pretty weird, and the proportions don't seem to work here.

I like them, but I've seen you do better!
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    cool stuff.

the samurai girls' navel is about 4 or 5 inches too low though. should be aligned with the top of the hips
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    ahah Awsome, the hate!!,

Bah, Im pretty Happy, I dont intend to change Much, The clothes were ment to hide the robot part. I know You guys dont like the proportions much, But Its what I wanted, Trying some new different stuffs.

I've done more on harry since that post, Im thiking Quidding clothing m Yayaya!

b1ll
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    MAD!!! U ARRRRE

Looking good, though that chicky is ugly as hell. Giver her a swimsuit model body! and NIPPLES.
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    HAHA. B1.=) She got proportions of on old bag.=D But I'm sure thats what you wanted. I always love to studdy your models. There simply, great!!! Now come on and texture the damn thing.=) "right click, save as"

/Palm
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    simply amazing... always love your stuff... the mech boddy is great. Am I the only one that understands the why there's a head on the mech and why he's covered in robes... obviously he's suppose to kinda blend in with the public and deceive people... where everyone thinks he's just a big huge man... like the stupid civilians in all crazy anime shows. I think its a cool idea. I actually like the head being out of proportion. If it actually matched the body, it'd make the body seem smaller... plus it'd look more like a guy with the robot body... This way it actually looks like the mech is just whereing a fake human head.

The girl looks good with her clothes on... or lack there of... nice touch with the g-string. haha... and I LOVE the Harry Potter face. I honestly thought that was just one of your side projects you were gonna forget about. I like how you updated him with longer hair for the movie coming out in November... I can't wait for the next book that comes out next month (I'm a dork).
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    the only proportions i don't like is your head.
    and i mean, your actual head. LOOSE!

i totally think these are all rad. texture!
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    omg b1ll get a damn job.

wink.gif

These are hot dude. Mech is totaly sweet :O
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    You could give him one of those samurai masks, that'd look scarier, too.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    yeeha nasty pimp my man,
    you know how i always love your stuff.. a lot of potential, obviously

pimping out the naked renders was a good choice if you're looking for crits. whats keeping your models a notch lower than where they should be is the anatomy. i dont recall seeing a lot of full body models from you, but also the ones in your webby share common mistakes, all revolving around anatomy. here too (http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/b1ll/vol_pop.jpg) the torso is too wide. the muscles of the samurai chick's arms dont support the pose of the bones, which is consequencially making the hand/wrist pose being off. one leads to another..

theres other stuff too which is keeping your wonderful characters from looking even more badass. the key in overcoming repeated mistakes in how one (falsely) perceives anatomy is to be honest enough to admit something doesnt make sense.. pay attention, dont be lazy (ye right) and fix it.
  • denz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    denz polycounter lvl 18
    your models always have a great feel to them, these are fantastic.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Yer one crazy bastard, b1ll.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    OMG AN HARRY POTTER FAN!! YAYAYAY!
    Yeah skrubbles , I made the hair longer because of the movie comming out ahah!! Im planning on finishing him before the Mech samurai!!! Im soo glad that u got why I covered the mech with clothing ah!!! smile.gif Saweet

YO Shotgun, I dunno Man, Im pretter happy how the female turn out, I reckon one thing I will do is Push the rib cage higher and scale it in a bit on the side, But As far as anything else goes on, Its where I want it to be.

$$$$$KP$$$ OMG' UR HEAD IS FAR BIGGER FOO!

Har har, there is no way Im going back in the industry ahahHAHAHAHAH

Oh Mop, I dont see how ur qualified to judge if I've done better or not ? As far as Im concerned ( i believe I am a bit heeey) Lately I've been in a circle doing nothing I like much, and this one is totaly out of that, New proportions, different style of faces, new subject, clothing ,feeling and shit.

So ya, I dont see how u can be qualified to judege if its up to my standards or not heeeyyy

And, ya, THANKS ladies, Ill update today

I'm planning on finishing the lower clothing part for the mech, the robe thingy, its the second test I do with it, and Im still not sure, I have other test started, Ill SEEEEE

and Ill work on harry today, I want to finish this suckaa first.

C Y A
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    OK, what I meant was, it's not impressing me as much as some of your stuff I've seen in the past (I didn't intend to suggest that I know your standards) ... just the proportions and anatomy of the woman, you say it's "where you want it to be", but I personally don't think it's working. It just looks wrong to me (and a few other people, evidently) ... but hey, if you like it, it's your personal stuff, so keep going!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    LOl, There is is again, Ya know, Im trying different stuff, If people dont like it, its perfectly find with me, I dont care much, Since its my own stuff, Not stuff for clients, so Its fun stuff, No person to listen to other then myself, U guys can cry all u want, But Im happy .

Im just sharing what I have been doing, that is all, I didnt ask anything.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    always been a fan of your work bill .. fantastic work
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, I'm totally digging these models. They have a certain Japanese eaxaggerated styling to their body structure. The samurai mech reminds me of the knight guy from nanobreaker and the girl reminds me of one of those geisha bots from the ghost in the shell 2 anime movie. Anyway, i think the designs are awesome and the way they are modeled looks great. I think of that Radiohead music video that has purposely faceted cg models in the video to give the vid an extra flare and appeal.

nanobreaker_artwork_01.jpg

poster_ghostshell2.jpg

shell2.jpg
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Camel toe needs to be more evident.
  • Badname
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badname polycounter lvl 18
    Oh man thats so cool. A animatiosn were you see the girl getting into the suit haha that would be cool ;D
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    b1ll, fantastic stuff. i read your description as the pics loaded and just couldn't help but laugh at the awesome robo samurai--i love that sort of blatant attempt at mimicry which by all means should fail... but as pointed out, on an anime or within a videogame universe, would be considered a believable person smile.gif you yourself said you might be pushing in the ribcage a bit on the chick, and personally i think that's all that needs doing. i see what you're going for, in terms of different shapes and styles here and i think it's all working together. thanks for posting such fun work.

oh and even though i really dont care for mr. harry potter all that much, he's looking cool too. perhaps too cool for the character laugh.gif
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    YO, Thinking about changing the lower robe a bit, Working on that:
    Robe_ma_pants.jpg

I'll update once Im done on that.
    Im working on fucking harry right now, YAYAY!

Yo, Im soo happy theres a few more people that are getting the style of thoses 2 thingy, Saweet,
    cochtl : You got it, That is a style, and subject Im aiming for. Thanks man!
    Gauss, Thanks, I realy needed to try some different stuff smile.gif

Cool.!

Lol Soul, ya I should go for a massive camel toe feeling hey? har har

Ill update later.

b1ll
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Cant wait to see Harry done ..yay ! <---- big harry potter fan

Damn cochtl that Mech knight concept art is some of the best ive ever seen im gonna have to hunt that stuff down...wow !
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    YAY! more harry! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif <-- biggest harry potter fan here wink.gif

the samurai is nice too smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    samurai_3a.jpg
    1) Belly Button is too low needs to be moved up.
    2) Weird fatty buldge in the inner leg #1.
    3) The lower skirt doesn't connect to the upper corset piece? This is an example of the crazy mesh I see.
    4) An outline of the way I WOULD do the torso/hip transition. But as you said its your model do what makes you happy.

samurai_12a.jpg
    5) Tri-strips that end in wierd places or for what seems like no reason? I think this goes back to the construction method but I guess if it renders well in the end who cares... There are more all over the mesh if you look for them.

samurai_5a.jpg
    6) that wierd muscle/fatty buldge I talked about, I can't find a reason why it would be there...

It looks good I just think you need to spend some time cleaning it up. Of course because I didn't say I was a "long time fan, big time drooler" of your work I bet I get flamed for this...

Flame away...
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Was I crazy in assuming these would be meshsmoothed?

I like them.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    "drunken b1ll style"
    thats the new name for your style b1ll.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    YO yo Update on harry,
    Oh and btw its fun work , Not for clients, Fun For me.
    So no thanks Vig, and ROFL!

hp_wip_fu.jpg

QUIDDITCH clothing BABEY, WIP of coursee, but Anyway, Im further since that screeny tho

I plan to do 2 others characters that will team up with the Samurai mech and the Chick, ayayay, Ill update with them laterz

CYA
    b1ll
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harry's looking pretty sweeeet there.. can't wait to see him all finished and textured smile.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    A clever disguise there... a mecha dressed as a 15 foot tall (and wide) samurai. Much less conspicuous.

Nice work Bill.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    In anime they wouldn't think you're strange if you were 15 feet tall, had a robotic arm, three eyes and wielded a huge cannon. They'd only start to notice you once you start blowing holes into skyscrapers and even then they'd still consider you an ordinary criminal.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Yo, Im not that yet, but ya get the point.Many crap to change, but HEY, FUN!.

Harry_access.jpg
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    really impressive man as usual ! i love the polyflow and the harry potter feel loool , ihope you start texturing this soon !!
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YAY!! And the owl's pretty damn badass as well.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, Harry's looking very good ... love the clothes and all the accessories you gave him. Mesh is very nice to look at, as always, too.

The owl is neat but the wings are a bit wrong anatomically ... and I think the "wings" on the Snitch should be longer, but hey, that's just my opinion so you can ignore it LOL
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    mop: don't worry, he probably will. cheers for personal projects! laugh.gif

good lookin', b1lly b0y
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Coming along very nicely indeed. Perhaps its the camera angle, but the wings on that owl look to be really short. Was he supposed to be a barn owl? I forget... you might like to make his face a bit puffier if he is.

barn_owl_big.jpg
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    very nice laugh.gif
    do you have any plans for doing any more characters? wink.gif
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Nice to see somone strip modeling. great work.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    oups, Just got the interweb connected at my new place, yayay for the country YAYAYYAYAYAY

havent done much lately, I did some work on harry, but fucking got bored of it, so i trash it ahah..

Working on some new stuff, Been concepting and sculpting it while I was net free, Ill post the model once I start tommorow..

Have to get my clients back too, Oups no werk ahah
    YAY!
    WIp crap I trash

hp_head_step.jpg
    step_hp.gif
    harry_wip_nevar.jpg
    harry_wip_nevarwire.jpg

Cya

b1ll
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    nice face texture... harry's looking a little fat? :P
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    looks a bit more like elija wood than that potter kid smile.gif

very nice job so far though.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Not bad at all. But yes Harry does look a little tubby. His jaw is very wide as well. Great textures.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    ahah Ya, He look a bit to fatty once I applyed ma texture:|
    but anyway, Im not fixing this, I trash it a while ago
    yay!

b1ll