Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

enforcer

Teddy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Teddy polycounter lvl 18
Hi,I start a new normal mapped model,it's my version of the enforcer.

quake 2 enforcer:
monster_infantry.jpgenforcer.png

quake 4 enforcer:
quake4pcgamer.jpg

my enforcer, more human:
render:
enforcer-b.jpg

viewport
enforcer-a.jpg

Replies

• Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    It's looking good, but the torso looks like it should be a little shorter. The eye thing also looks a little out of place for some reason, it looks like you just stuck it there, some skin should sorta be pushed around it, to show it's stuck into the face.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    Neo is right. Just do the same thing you did with the abs. Just make the cyborg eye bigger or something, or have it to be like a whole metal component covering the eyesocket with skin pushed up

Also the pecs should be a bit bigger based off the ref, unless u want it that way

looks sweet though smile.gif
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demoncage polycounter lvl 18
    Lookin cool so far, keep it up. I agree with Darth that the eye could be scaled up a bit, but really all depends on where you go with it. His torso could be beefed up a some to match the head and neck. As for the neck, maybe that area is in progress, but my comment would be that the sterno-mastoid muscles leading to the pit of the neck should have a straighter course with the smaller muscle branching off of that. Hard to tell what's going on there, I'd need a higher rez pic.

Other than that Its lookin' sweet. I like the overall head structure and features, and you have a nice organic feel going with the metallic parts.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, I'm o'dium from Team blur, currently working On Quake II Evolved. We are remaking models ATM for Quake 2 and this is the kind of thing we are aiming for, higher poly models for normal map creation on a 6k base low poly mesh. Your work is VERY cool, so i just wanted to drop bye and tell ya wink.gif

Here is some concept art we have for the re-modeled Enforcer guy you might find interesting:

enforcer.jpg

And here is a thread we had on remaking him:

http://www.quake2evolved.com/blurforum/s...p;pagenumber=20

It wasn't never really done, because V8 is trying to improve his skills to improve the model (The belly in this case stands out).

Nice work anyway, a talented modeler.

o'dium

http://www.quake2evolved.com
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Oh my god its Odium! O.O Hows it goin man. Hope q2e is going well.

Looking great so far teddy, i've always liked your stuff. I like your take on the enforcer more so than i do the quake4 version. Its great to see more quake2 stuff being re=done. I always loved that environment so much. Unfortunately i dont think quake4 looks so hot... they could have moved away from the plastic doom3 look but never did.

Good luck ted, i bet it'll end up looking hot. laugh.gif
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Not to bad dude, not to bad. Q2E's going fine, we are about a week away from our public Per Pixel Lighting release, so I'm working on the tec map now. Some shots can be seen in the pimping screenshots thread tongue.gif

You should drop by some time, check out all the new stuff. We just announced OverDose as our new project, its started! Our full game has started! laugh.gif
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Staying on topic, I too dislike somewhat the way Quake 4 is heading. Its too baby-colourful, less in your face grr. Take a look at ET:Quake Wars, how they do their strogg. Dead, grey skin, dead eyes, grey and brown damaged metal, chipped painted logo's etc. They look AMAZING, fantastic, just like an updated Strogg should. Then look at Quake 4, and its kinda upsetting. Bright pink skin, as if they never died in the first place, with bright red and blur armor, and not a scratch on 'um... Wheres the fun in that tongue.gif
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Any update on this frown.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium: Teddy will take long breaks, but he normally comes back and knocks your socks off with some updates. He is also pretty quite. But his models are always beautiful!

Teddy: Its always a pleasure to see your work around here. This one looks like it is shaping up to be an anwsome model!
  • Teddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teddy polycounter lvl 18
    I have spare time, therefore I continues the enforcer

Thanks Vig smile.gif

enforcer-j.jpg
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    Looks really great ! cool.gif

(Toulouse salut Toulouse)
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    I think this is damn sexy. Looks killer so far.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    The only bad thing about this thread is that Teddy didn't work on Quake 4 frown.gif Some of the designs are a bit too, erm, none-Quake2... frown.gif