Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Atlantean Sword Fighter

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
render5qx.th.jpg

Concept i had for sword fighter from Atlantis,idea was a light set of armor covering a wet suit.

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting looking character, very different, yet refined looking. What's the polycount/texture use on this? And I have to ask, where's Siegfried?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    about 4k for the character including all armor, 1 1024x 1024 for the body, 512x 512 for the rest
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    lol cholden, i think the tigers ate him :P

pretty nice JO, i think you can still define the skin some more, it lacks som sharp lines, and depth. Definition you might say
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty cool design and a nice idea.

The execution could be better, I think, though.
    You're using a 1024 and a 512 map? From that render it really doesn't look like it. I reckon you could halve the size of those maps, polish them up a bit, and they'd look more detailed.

Any chance of a wireframe? I'm kinda wondering where the 4000 triangles have gone.

I'd definitely say the texture needs more work. I think the model's probably fine (although that extreme perspective in the render is making the proportions look a little odd).

Good work.

MoP
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    I like the idea, really cool. And while I suppose I'm not overly qualified to be giving crits, it seems to me that he looks very awkward. His anatomy could use some tweaking? Unless that's how it's supposed to be or just hte perspective. Right now though, it looks like his arms and legs are much too short, and his head a bit huge. Though I suppose that could be a choice in style. laugh.gif

Anyways, I really like it. Reminds me a lot of the mesemers from Guild Wars. smile.gif
  • Jeff Gran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Gran polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty good work. I agree that the texture resolution seems a bit high for the detail level. I also agree that the anatomy is a bit strange... hard to tell for sure from the camera angle but it looks like he has a case of dislocated shoulders. Like they should be closer in to his ribcage.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    the design looks like an elvis wannabe in tights.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tsk tsk tsk, Dejawolf, that's not what we would call a "good critique" or "constructive criticism around here".
    Now be a good boy and tell him what you suggest he change. A good crit leaves someone with something to work on, instead of just discouraging them.

Also, don't be an ass

Also, I prefer to just leave critiques of people instead of models, which is rather blatant hypocrisy.