Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP some sort of giant or viking, I am teh tired.

Father_Brandon
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Father_Brandon polycounter lvl 18
Well, he has no arms and is not stitched together down the middle (yet, also this is a modified viking model I posted awhile back) like a good little viking should be. You can see a piece of his leg clipping through skirt at the moment, but it is 3:30 am and I am tired. Arms are very hard for me too do, I will tackle them in the morning. If you wondering what this is for, it is for a Macromedia Flash MX 2004 game I am busy working on, once I am done the model I will animate and skin it taking pictures from 8 different angles for some retro character movement. I am looking to do a small online flash RPG that stores data and plays up to around 6 people at once (slim hope). So I will have to model scenes later for players to walk in, that reminds me, does anyone have a good rendering tutorial? I don't even know how to get the denged lights to show in a render because im always using a quick rend...zzzzz

tehvikang.jpg

manakeg.jpg

he will be wielding a fierce pair of sandals when I skin him. lots of critism is welcome.

Replies

• King-Vitaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    King-Vitaman polycounter lvl 18
    I think his head is too big and the part on his hair looks to be too deep. You shouldnt render on black, it makes it hard to see the silhouette which is an important part. His armor looks a bit heavy to be wearing sandals IMO, but maybe not depending on how you treat the arms. If you post a wireframe render it will be easier to crit. How many polies is it/are you aiming for? Good job so far though, keep it up and good luck with the rest of the model/game.
  • Father_Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks dude. Alright, shrunk his head a bit and made his part higher. Changed the background color, still working on how to change the color of the wireframe blush.gif. Just realized his thighs are too chunky and his torso may be too long, more crit is welcome. 2742 polies so far.

vikingarms2.jpg

vikingarms.jpg
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hm looks like you shrunk his neck too, I'd say place his head closer to the original height
  • Father_Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There, moved his head up a bit in the pictures in my previous post, can't do anymore I have to go to work now. but I will work on him more tonight when I get back. thanks again dudes.
  • King-Vitaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    King-Vitaman polycounter lvl 18
    Much better. If you want a quick and dirty way to post a wireframe, set up your viewport or viewports to show wireframes, push the "print screen" button on your keyboard, next to backspace, and then in any image editing program push ctrl-v or paste. Sometimes I like the way a screengrab looks better than a render anyway.
  • Father_Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks dude, I would do that but the wireframe is the same colour as the object colour so it looks a little hard to see, I noticed that I can assign the wireframe to use the material colour instead if the object colour, I will expirement with this after I get home from work and sleep.