Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Phoenix Knight project.

RageUnleashed
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
Me and my friend worked on this, obviously for the CGChat monthly contest. I did the modeling and unwrap;
Submission images.

Was wondering what y'all thought. blush.gif

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    My only crit on this cool character is technical. I think you could of benefited from using some alphamaps on the wings to give that fiery look the concept portrays.

Otherwise, rock!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    that came out great! cool smile.gif

dig the firey bird textures, i just wish some areas had similar detail.

the armor could use some detail too help it shine off of the fire imo. Either silver trim, or etchings (some detailed birdy-floral-fire type things) to give some detail to the otherwise chunky armor. Would make it appear more important then, but this look keeps the brutish genero-firebirdkiller.

whats up with the solid yellow part?
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Great work overall, looks big and solid! There are a few things that bug me though.
    Armor and body are one in the same. As in, it's not wearing armor, it's integrated as a part of it's body. This makes it seem more like an exoskeleton, like a bettle/insect warrior. The texturing does not define the edges between the fire undeneigth and the armor on top. It all sort of "blahs" together. A better color scheme could set this off. Gut appears to be yellow tube. Model looks better without the texture, imo.
    Bad posture makes model look bad, side view hurts my back to look at. Lance needs to be redone. Triangles as long as the character coming to a single point makes it appear weak and brittle, while at the same time rendering differently from different angles.
    I really like the model and the front armored orthos.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    I was expecting to see a picture of Brian Potter , but that was Phoenix Nights , hehe , really nice model and all , but some alpha on the wings would have helped the look.