Just the design template so far.

http://nikolas.schneidzekk.de/newsite/

Comments are appreciated!

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I would say, don't have the writing of the navigation bar rotated 90 degrees. It means effort having to read it. I don't want to have to decipher a site, especially not a portfolio site - I want to reach the content quickly and easily.

I'd also recommend losing the pretentious "don't be tempted" stuff, it's not adding anything to the site except a "what?" factor that should probably be avoided.

The template seems pretty solid apart from that though. Maybe the top title image is a bit too big for what it is.
  • BackSlash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BackSlash polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, thats just me being bored, the "pretentious" stuff will be taken out. I agree that the top image is a bit large, I should make it smaller. Although with that said I don't think the text is all that hard to read, it's big enough after all.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I suspected that you were just filling space with that, that's fine smile.gif

However, if you feel that the navigation text is fine, fair enough - but just bear in mind that because you like it, doesn't mean everyone else will... and if an art director or potential interviewer goes to your site and doesn't like it, that's an instant bad mark against your name. I think it's a lot safer to use something that's easy for everyone to get through, rather than risk a negative thought straight off the bat...
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    if u dont mind ... id suggest u to really boil it all down to the very most nessacary elements.
    and go with what mop said about the nav.
    make a simple nav bar on top and bottom maybe.
    and dont go over board with that dirt stuff. its not adding anything that this sort of website needs. big banners are the same
  • BackSlash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BackSlash polycounter lvl 18
    I guess its back to the drawing boards. laugh.gif
  • NeonLeon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NeonLeon polycounter lvl 18
    No no don't completely scrap it, it's simple enough to easily navigate, except for the sideways writing. Just do what mop said, and you could even spare to shirnk the title banner a little horizontally. I assume that's a piece in the portfolio, so you could sacrifice a few inches off the bottom since they'll see the whole piece somewhere else. That and make the title font a little bigger, since most peoples eyes will head straight to the nav bar the way it is now. You want them to know where they're visiting first, so make sure you tell them!