Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

fat zombie

clovis
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
clovis polycounter lvl 18
I was pretty inspired by the fat zombie from doom 3 on this one. It's currently 4198 polys, but I still need to cut out some polys, especially from the face. It doesn't look much like a zombie at the moment, hopefully the texture will take care of that.

zombiescreen2.jpg

zombiescreen1.jpg

zombiescreen3.jpg

Replies

• vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    to me it still needs som weight, especially on the gut and manboobs

other than that, pretty decent mesh, keep it up smile.gif
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    tons of wasted pollies on the back of the head, and definitely round out his ass, man boobs, and the lower edge of the stomach.

Overall shape/proportions look good, post orthos
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    hmmm, I'm getting less of a zombie vibe, and more of a Bubba: the prison man-raper vibe. Don't let the texture do all the work. Give him some gore, maybe have the lips torn off cause fatty couldn't stop nibbling on his own gums, or have his stomach ripped open, with his intestines hanging out.
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    oh god Neo, thats the scariest profile pic I have ever seen O_O
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great I love it! BUT don't get a big head just yet, the poly distribution is to heavy in some areas (where it doesn't really count) and really light where it does count. Personally I think you could optimize the wholey crap out of the face/head and put some of those newly saved polys in his rear, knees, and feet. He has extremly low poly feet like you would see on a quake3 model however a doom3 head? If you can afford to seperate his shirt with a tiny thin line of polys then you should have enough to give him some soles on his shoes and a few loops around the knees so he doesn't look like a HL1 model when he walks. It looks like you went to great lenghts to make sure the fingers deformed correctly, let see that same care put into the more noticable joints?