Home General Discussion

your role?

Replies

• Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    I've been offline about a week or so.. but it's cool to read the updates on everyone and learn about some of the new people..

Thanks to all for the "props", on my work and all, but like many of you, I tend to hate or love my job depending on the day of the week.. or hour of the day.. Still, I would certainly like to have some creative / artistic hobby to fall back on one of these days when I call it quits.. lol

Keep the info coming... Great to hear from the old Polycounters, and many welcomes to the newer ones..
  • GoK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoK polycounter lvl 18
    I work for my girlfreinds mums marketing company, quite a respectfull one in scotland (if you can use the words marketing and respectfull in the same sentance) ill do that untill i get a job as an artist at a games dev co. I mostly call up companies and ask them silly questions that get stored away and never looked at! but the moneys great as i go out with the boss's daughter wink.gif so im not complaining. But im currently looking for a position at a games company.. hint hint wink.gif

Jody
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Say it with me now...
    1_multipart_xF8FF_4_FedEx.Kinkos.Logo.SERVICES.jpg

frown.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    And now for something completely different ... I work for an international accountacy and tax consultancy firm as a consultant in the area of knowledge management. Kind of roled into that after college years ago. Looking into a carreer change though.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    'Environment Artist' for Castaway. Everytime I show someone my business card I get the impression they think I make sculptures out of tree bark while decked out in tye-dye clothes.

I also make muffins once a week. They're tasty.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    I fly a desk, I have flown a desk for about the last 23 years. Sure beats coal mines or packing plants or farming.

Hunter, hey I almost became a Police Officer 10 yrs back and well, I still might.

This was cool read about all you Guys! smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I do contract work cleaning vehicles for a christian used car salesman that runs his business at the end of my street. I get to work outside in the weather, rain, snow, and summer heat. Waxing keeps me in shape.

In the evening I spend several hours with XSI creating characters, vehicles, and map objects for "soon to be dead" mods, a portfolio, and my own personal enjoyment...in hopes of someday moving out of this deadend town and turning my hobbies into a career.

Now and then I give quick guitar lessons to old guys suffering from mid-life crisis trying to re-live their dreams as a rock star.