Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Albino Sasquatch (or a very lost Yeti)

Erol
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Erol polycounter lvl 18
Hi everyone!

I thought I should stop lurking and start participating! Well, here's something I've been working on for the past couple nights:

sasquatch_500.jpg

larger version

I'm not digging the placement of his left arm and the depth difference between the legs seem like I should try another arrangement... but, I don't know for sure. Crits are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

Erol

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe he's a Wendigo.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Those forearms rock! I love the image, its ace.
  • GoK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoK polycounter lvl 18
    I love the perspective of the trees in the background to the character! and the character himself is very nice too.... i think you right about the legs tho...!? seem a tad off nothing majour tho. The arms are great!

Jody
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    Nice painting, I like the character in his expression...I'm a little partial to yetis anyway....As far as the depth difference between the legs, I would say that darkening his left leg (the one farther back, it would be under the cast shadow of the body) slightly, and reducing the number of hard/contrasting edges created by the scribbly brush strokes. That should push it back more. Sharp/contrasty edges are a pretty powerful attention getter, and you need to make sure there is a balance, and that they are only in places you want to be focal points. Its not that hard edges are bad, you can have them all over as long as the value difference between the two areas isn't too much. Also he kinda looks like he's stepping with that foot, so you might wanna paint the foot halfway through the step forward....like with his heel off the ground and toes bent. Anyway, just some thoughts.

peas
    James Ball crazy.gif
  • Mooseboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mooseboy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Maybe he's a Wendigo.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.critcononline.com/frostbiter.htm

This movie's original title was 'The Wendigo'; it was released as 'Frostbiter: Wrath of the Wendigo'. The back of the VHS jacket has an image of the monster.

Most other images on the web show sasquatchy things...