Home General Discussion

The Stupidity of Ignorant Humans in this World

tubboy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tubboy polycounter lvl 18
There was a guy going home from a long hard day of work. It's raining and there are power outages everywhere except the rout home he is taking. Lightning strikes a power line pole down the road from him and the crossing power line over the road falls to the ground. Sparks fly and the cable jumps and swivels and dances around and then stops. The man going home see’s the sudden danger ahead, stops, and instead of just turning around, or driving around or over the power line(rubber tires would possibly protect him)he gets out of his vehicle and attempts to pic up the power line and move it off the side of the road. The man is dead.

I would have rather suffered his fate rather than suffer the fate of this ignorant Jack Ass in the article link below.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=iol1108645244147A551

Replies

• Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    isn't the 'stupidity of ignorant humans' a bit redundant? and what does 'Abliterate' mean? let's be careful taking the intellectual high ground here. :P
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    yep, heh, there's a lot of idiocy in this world unfortunately.
    gauss: I also like (as someone else has already pointed out - was it Daz?) the irony of the final 2 words in that sig smile.gif
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    "Mr. body massage machine GO!"
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    isn't the 'stupidity of ignorant humans' a bit redundant?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that it's redundant (stupidity and ignorance aren't necessarily the same thing), but it's definitely verbose.
  • Kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kirin polycounter lvl 18
    Well ... Depends could have saved his manhood ...
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn you Kirin. I bit my toungue while eating as I read your post I Luaghed so hard.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh I like that. Very true.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    hmm...this is better...

england play wales at rugby, welsh bloke says to his mate, 'if wales win, i'll cut my balls off.'
    wales wins.
    bloke goes home, gets knife, severs testicles. THEN walks back to the pub, puts his nuts down on the bar and opens his coat, to show he did it. then collapses from blood loss.
    bloke now in hospital, recovering and awaiting surgery to reattach his 'nads.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    That's what Darwin Awards are for. But seriously, I avoid trying to hold off too long ever since I read what happened to Tycho Brahe (Darwin Award for dying from a bursting bladder because it would have been impolite to go to the toilet before the banquet was over, 11 days of suffering before death).
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i'm just wondering why it was necassary to post this... is it supposed to be funny?
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    You guys, it's called 'Natural Selection'. Humans that are too stupid to have a good sense of self-preservation must be allowed to exterminate themselves and thus make the human race stronger.

Now, if enough people will follow the examples of Tubboy's examples (like the Exxon Board of Directors, for example), maybe we'll be able to switch to hydrogen fuel faster and stop spewing carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

/jzero
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    yeah it was funny. if tubboy didnt post it im pretty sure you wouldnt have said anything about it.

-R
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    hehe ... weird ... or not so weird.

I can tell you from expierence that in stress situations people just basically block out. The react overcalm.

When I did my social service at the abulance we had a guy that crashed with his motorcycle. He was basically lightly wounded but he was sitting on his motorbike that was loosing petrol trying to light a cigarette. You can imagene that we literally knocked it out of his hand. laugh.gif

I wouldnt call it stupidity or ignorance rather stress reaction.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i most likely would have said something even if it wasn't tubboy. i just don't think stuff like this is funny.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    he was sitting on his motorbike that was loosing petrol trying to light a cigarette. You can imagine that we literally knocked it out of his hand. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't consider that an effective strategy. I would have stood several feet away and whispered to the moron to please put the cigarette "away", and let nature take its course. Knocking it out of his hand could have harmed more lives than necessary.

I don't consider it funny. Maybe it's because I've come to realize that a considerable percent of the Earth's population has experienced difficulty with the whole "evolving from apes" process. And tubboy will remind you of his reason for posting this, sometimes twice, if he has to. So don't provoke him...or feed him.
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    I just cringe when I hear stories of such injuries to one's sexual organs.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On a different note: tubboy, could you at least make your avatar NOT 400 by 500 pixels?
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I can only shake my head and laugh at the stupidity...
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, actually, I didn't notice that before. I just assumed since it was 80x80 pixels that it was ACTUALLY that size...

With my magical moderator powers I command you to at least get that image, take it into photoshop and manually resize down to 80x80px, then save that and use it as an avatar. You're like the 4th person I've had to tell off for using ridiculously oversized avatar images (in fact, I think, this is the 2nd time... the first time you had a 200kb animated GIF).
    Avatars are not meant to take longer to load than images of models or textures... I'd rather have my internet connection downloading useful images rather than wasting bandwidth on needlessly oversized avatars.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i only saw two people with too large avatars, and it's vig and tubboy, allthough Vigs is alot less RIDICULOUSLY HUGE.
    just for a laugh:
    atlantisgate.jpg
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    he was sitting on his motorbike that was loosing petrol trying to light a cigarette. You can imagine that we literally knocked it out of his hand. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't consider that an effective strategy. I would have stood several feet away and whispered to the moron to please put the cigarette "away", and let nature take its course. Knocking it out of his hand could have harmed more lives than necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note the word : TRYING ...

While he is trying I´m not going to waist time and talk to someone that is under shock anyway and give him more time to try.