Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Indie Game Seeks 3D Modelers

p0tat03
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
p0tat03 polycounter lvl 18
Hi all,

My name is Jerry, and I'm currently heading up an independent game project. As a coder, I'm not at all proficient with the art side of things. My project attempts to integrate third-person shooter mechanics with a solid dose of RPG-style gameplay (XP system, conversation, significant no-combat levels, etc).

My goal right now is to produce a proof-of-concept single level demo, and continue the game from there on.

NOTE: This is not a mod, this is a standalone game project that will eventually be released to the public as such.

Now, the reason why I'm posting: We need a couple 3D modelers to do some media that we need for testing purposes. I have 2 concept artists who've been working on several designs, and they need implementation. Here's some more technical info on the type of modeling we're looking for:

- Normal mapping is supported, and currently the goal is to use normal mapped characters and items, but leave the levels with a traditional multipass texturing format. This is primarily to conserve CPU and also to enable soft lighting, which current real-time lighting solutions don't offer.

- Average polycount for a character model will be 2000-3000, major items will be ~1500-2000. This has not been hard-verified, but from current engine performance this looks reasonable.

We're looking for mappers (all maps done in 3ds max or Maya), character, and item/weapons modelers. If you believe you can cover more than one of these, all the better - we are always looking to keep our team as lean and mean as possible.

Give me a shout if you want to lend a hand.

Email: p0tat03@hotmail.com
MSN: Same as above

Please include links to past work if you're interested.