Home General Discussion

100% OT: The Holo-Deck is created. Whaddya do?

Replies

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I would be on a train and anyone who talks too loud or played crap music would be pushed into a lava pool.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    OOHHHH with a holodeck i would go back to old times and get a neat old fashioned tractor like you see in old movies, and use it to run over tubboy
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    well, if i wanted to simulate my job, it'd be so tha ti could murder one of my co-workers who pisses me off and shoot annoying customers

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to take a more serious twist to this, so far very funny thread... but (and the quote above could very well be a joke also) stuff like that sounds like "the only reason I am not doing this is because I fear the consequences, not because I actually value human life"....
    I other words I can understand someone saying "hey I would like to punch that guy in the face or say some stupid stuff to him" but I really hope no one would really like to kill someone on a holodeck (except for maybe the curiosity of trying it once to know how horrible it is).

Sorry for interupting.

edit: Yes I play "shooters" on my PC, but actually killing someone you KNOW in "full 3d/ blood /realism tm" a holo deck can offer is something very different in my oppinion, even if it is only simulated.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Probably load up a WW2 sim with a few of my friends.

Then for my own giggles run a star spanning totalitarian empire, and bombard planets, and insult foreign, or alien diplomats before I bombarded their planets with pushed asteroids, and nukes. Fancy Uniforms, cool tech, interesting Alien Mercenaries, and an adoring and heavily brainwashed populace that knows I can do no wrong.

The Beach Idea would be a great one for parties.

I supposed I'd use the Holodeck like a huge console, or Game machine.

Scott
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    I'm pretty sure after about 15 minutes you'd notice that is all fake smoke and mirrors and go read a book or something.