Home General Discussion

i'll prolly get slaughtered over this: elektra

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sundance polycounter lvl 18
well, i don't give a rats what anyone else says, i enjoyed it. yes, jennifer garner is hot, but damn, there was some good fights, and some neat FX and it's not every day you get a guy who has snakes pouring out of his spine...

Replies

• John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    hey man. if you can set aside judgement and watch a movie to enjoy your self, good for you. it's not the bad movie that ruins the experience for most people i think, but the people themselves who don't leave their brain at the door when they know they should..

(even tho i have to admit- based on everything i've seen/heard about this movie, if i left my brain at the door i'd still suffer terribly hehehe)
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    I'm going to see it. I'm sure it'll rock! smile.gif
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    hey man. if you can set aside judgement and watch a movie to enjoy your self, good for you. it's not the bad movie that ruins the experience for most people i think, but the people themselves who don't leave their brain at the door when they know they should..

[/ QUOTE ]

too right! i go for a couple hours of escape from the real world, not high art!

sal, it rocks more than a rock star standing in a rocking chair on a rocking horse in a rock-field
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    had potential but fell short. The characters were cool but there wasn't enough character development. They should of had an establishing scene or two showing how bad ass they were before they got their ass handed to them. I just didn't care enough for them. I also still think Jennifer Garner was one of the worst castings ever. They should of chosen someone with a more ethnic look.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, but Jennifer Garner? "I'm 13!" I don't know how anyone can take her seriously as a bad ass super hero, also what a lame power, I know martial arts, yay, I think in a battle of super heros she would come in last. She only posesses one skill which is the ability to mortally wound daredevil as he will not fight back, which eventually gets her killed.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    uh, dude, watch alias, her playing a bad ass super hero is no different to her playing bond's sexier american cousin.