Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Generic Male

CameronC
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
CameronC polycounter lvl 18
Started off as just a head, but I added a body. I modeled it so I can have something to texture when I get a wacom next week. laugh.gif

Crits are appreciated. There are some things that feel 'off' about it, but I have a difficult time pointing them out.

genericmale07zd.jpg

genericmale19cs.jpg

1568 tris.

Replies

• John Warner
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    well... it's very boxy.. hehe you need to push in the corners and make him round. this is a common problem with new modelers.

the head looks good from here. fix the body smile.gif
  • nealb4me
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    I think it would be better to remodel the body with 8 sided cylinders (pretty standard) instead of trying to fix it. I agree that the head is looking good, maybe lift the ears a little.
  • mr.toast
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    the head looks really nice, but yeah the body is boxy, i dont think remodelling it would be needed, you just have to optimize it a bit, like john warner said push the front edges in a bit, and maybe push out the sides a little to give it a rounder look
  • CameronC
    Offline / Send Message
    CameronC polycounter lvl 18
    will do. i'll update in morning. just got off of work and my head will explode if I see a vert.

thanks for the comments about the head. I downloaded the video tutorial by Mop and watching it increased my 'head modeling ability' 10 fold.