Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old Male Head

Super
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Super polycounter lvl 18
old_head.jpg

First real attempt at high poly but I'm sick of looking at now so I'm throwing it up here.
Meant to be middleage/old man. Far from great but I've learnt quite a bit about topology and technique so its been worthwhile.

Replies

• John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    okay, cool.

some of the shapes and proportions of the head don't look quite right.. are you using reference? can we see it?

if your not using reference, ALWAYS model with reference.

some of the features, like the brow, look very generic. It looks like something an artist would do, but not something that would quite show up on a human.

the nose shape is wrong
    there's no wrinkling or sagging in the skin, the brow should be hanging over the eye, the skin should be lose in places
    the lips are too full to be young, they need to be thinner. over all lip shape is wrong anyway

the nose seems strange, too small, maybe bulbus a little bit.. and the head seems kinda short.

it's comming along man, but you've got a ways to go yet to make him look old. for your first high poly model, it's pretty good. nice job, and keep on going!!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    The cranium is rather on the small side. His eyes should be around the centre of his head. He'd look much better if you were to pull the top of the skull up a bit.