Home General Discussion

Woot, got my Intuos and Maya Books today!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
Early Christmas for me, got my Intuos3 9x12 and my Maya 6 Instructional Books today! Now it's time to get back into modelling and art!! w0000h0000!! You may see some n0obie questions from me, but I'll try to live up to you alls expectations.

Here's a pic of my new setup at home.

deskarea.jpg

Replies

• JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    sweet set-up you got there
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    You know what I see in that picture Dekard? Huh? Do you (I see it on your monitor)? A bouncing ball tutorial...with a flaming ring! You've got one of the same learning books I do. smile.gif

Hey...wait a minute...lol...I checked the picture more, you also have pretty much the same PC specs as me...and the same mouse... tongue.gif

Just be forewarned...that book...is a pain in the ass...in later lessons it can be quite vague sometimes...If you post a question though regarding the tutorials, I might be able to help if you also give the page number, as I'm doing/done some of them as well. smile.gif
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    just wondering, did you accidently mispell p4 with p3, or do you actually have a p3, also with all that impressive equipment,i would imagine that you be able to afford a chair tongue.gif
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah hehe, it's a P4.. Duhr.. must of been sleepy. laugh.gif Yeah, I've been through the books before took several courses a couple years ago, got about 6 classes from getting my Computer Animation degree, but really can't see spending over 10 grand to finish them off. laugh.gif Those classes were for Maya 4, and looks like mostly the same stuff but yeah, some of the verbiage is sorta vague and they expect you to automatically know what they are meaning. laugh.gif The vids are awesome too.. laugh.gif
  • Margret Wellings
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Margret Wellings polycounter lvl 18
    Beautiful......Absolutly Awsome. Got a good program too. How long have you been learning Maya?
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I was really trying to get into it while I was going to school 2 years ago, wife got called over to Iraq during the war, so I had to drop out, the classes were just begining for Maya, so I'm picking it back up because it interests me so much. I made some goldfish, toaster, tables, lamps, etc thats about the extent of it. Need to really delve into the textures and stuff as I didn't really get a good handle on the abilities of using textures and such the first time around. ALthough I'm sure my modelling will leave alot to be desired as well wink.gif
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    hey cool. similar to my setup. only my monitors are better wink.gif

And I didn't know they made intuos 3 in 9x12 format... oh well.