Home General Discussion

SW E3 teaser poster

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sundance polycounter lvl 18
http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageF...mp;img=&tt=

if anyone stil cares besides me, but it is a pretty neat image artistically at least...

Replies

• JBoskma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
    I like it. Atleast something different then the character collages they come up with every time smile.gif
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    hmm don't like the vader mask in the cloak, tho i am glad to see the new vader suit will look verry much like the original.. i was afraig with lucas morphing into a complete moron that he would make a new sleek hip stylish one.. or even worse, turn vader into a crazy looking all cg pile of crap
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I think a better poster would have been a King Kong sized George Lucas ravenously shoving fan boys into his gaping maw while money was simultaneously shooting out of his ass. Would have been a more accurate portrait of what the past 3 movies have been about as well.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    I can't believe that poster is real. It looks like a poor fan mock up. The vader in the cloak looks awful. Oh well, george has one last chance at redemption. I've gained my respect back for the man after watching Empire of Dreams on the DVD set. He went through some shit to get his vision out to the public, you've gotta respect that. anyway, have you guys read the statement from Lucas saying that he thinks Ep.3 may get a PG-13 rating? I found that interesting.
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    What bothers me is that all of the posters for all three films have had the exact same statement. The first one was perfect. The second one was okay; the text alone would have been better. This one is a rehash of the first one, and it doesn't need to be said again. I would have liked to see something like a shadowed back shot of Anakin looking down at the Vader helmet in his hands, with the light glinting off of half of the helmet, with the other half in shadow. Give some hint that he doesn't really like where he's going, and maybe someday he'll be redeemed.

But no, the whole 'Look! He's VADER!' thing is still there. Bah.

Frank the Avenger
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    anyway, have you guys read the statement from Lucas saying that he thinks Ep.3 may get a PG-13 rating? I found that interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have not heard that, very interesting indeed. it may actually be a good prequel
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    According to these SPOILERS from TheForce.net, it sounds likely. The relevant quote from the Q&A:

Do I bring my children see EPISODE III?

"There is 2 versions (or more) of EPISODE III filmed, one PG version."

Take with as much salt as you like.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    thanks for that link Verm. If any of that is true this is going to be a nice send off for the SW saga. If GL can pull it off.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    lots of jedi die on-screen from what i heard, so it'd better be PG-13!

don't forget, this is the TEASER poster, like the kid one with the shadow and the one of anakin and padme. there will be one of those 30s-esque montage ones along later.