Home General Discussion

I bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas today...

Replies

• Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    Damn it Dan, you just had to ruin my fanboy moment, didn't ya? wink.gif

had a quick tinker with the game during my lunch break (and a bit more :P), got a feeling that the little spare time I have is gonna get gulped up by this bohemoth of a game :S
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Funny GTA:SA parody comic on Penny Arcade yesterday featuring the Fruit Fucker character ...

20041027l.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That illo. brings up a good queston for me.
    Do you fine the game to be very saturated? I finding it hard to see some times. Yes I messed with montior,it's the same.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    The game is definitly saturated, but only around 3-5AM and dusk. Back to SA I go...
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    man, I've tried to play all of the GTA games and none of them have kept me going for more than 30 minutes. I thought this may ave been the one to play for me(due to the early 90's gangsta shit), but it failed to draw me in also. Oh well, I guess my belief that this game sells so many copies due to it's violent nature is what keeps me from playing it. I think most peeps that buy these titles would play a turd if you could jack cars and beat hookers. Just my .02 Back to Phantom Brave.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Well, I know that neither I nor anyone I know who owns the game buys the game explictly because it's violent. I think the open-ended nature makes them a lot of fun, with the violent aspect just the setting or game mechanics. I mean, the dependence upon violence is true in nearly every first-person shooter, every console fighter, every real-time strategy game... If it's a violent nature that pushes you away, what games do you play?
  • Major Clod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Major Clod polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    man, I've tried to play all of the GTA games and none of them have kept me going for more than 30 minutes. I thought this may ave been the one to play for me(due to the early 90's gangsta shit), but it failed to draw me in also. Oh well, I guess my belief that this game sells so many copies due to it's violent nature is what keeps me from playing it. I think most peeps that buy these titles would play a turd if you could jack cars and beat hookers. Just my .02 Back to Phantom Brave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anyone that plays GTA because you can jack cars and beat hookers. Infact, hookers are no different to the many other pedestrians and I've never come across a requirement in the games to beat hookers. Its like saying people only play Half-life because you can shoot scientists. Sure you can do it, but theres so much more to the game.

Its definately the open ended feel of the games that keep me entertained. Nothing like being able to hop on a bike and perform crazy stunts around the city, without being restricted to where you can and can't go. A game like Manhunt on the other hand is quite a bit more disturbing. You can hardly take GTA seriously, its just like any humourous crime or mob film.

Still, each to their own, but indeed you mustn't play many games if violence offends you.
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    Im also gonna wait till it comes out on PC....

The things i like about the series is just the little things,some sicker than others that have been thrown in,I know my dads favorite one from GTA3 is the whole "Bitchin dog food factory" section that made us LOL.....he hasn't played VC yet (his job for this winter).

But its the charcters and dialoge that I personally really like about the whole series and of course some of the missions piss me off but i can play through them.
    One thing I don't understand though is how little kids can stay on these GTA games for ages and play it and do EVERYTHING,pick up all the bonuses,find all the secrets,do all the stunts,unlock everything etc etc...they are all like "oh I 100% GTA" I jsut think "Dude ya need a life".

Also another thing I find intresting about this game which ones has yet said anything about is the fact the main chracter is a black guy,my mates and me were down the pub last night and GTA:SA somehow popped up in the same paragraph as Pro Evo 4 and we sat there and thought for a good while thinking "does any other game there have a black main playable charcter?" we couldn't really think of one apart from "chronicals of riddick" who is more hispanic(sp?),maybe Rockstar has started something new on this front as well....I must say for me its a welcome change,but ill miss Tommy.

John
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    What I like of the game that tells me its good: When I pick up the controller to play, its usually 3 or 4 hours later until I realize its been awhile..
  • HellMark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    It's a conspiracy. San Andreas was released when it was to keep gamers away from the polls on Tuesday. wink.gif Hehe I kid I kid. It's so addicting. Hours definitely fly by playing it.

I got a kick out of walking into a store and seeing a woman arguing with a cop on the street which turned into a gun fight between them causing insanity everywhere with people screaming, running, getting mowed down and cars crashing everywhere. Good times. grin.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.grandtheftendo.com/

A free homebrew game for the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). It is a tribute to Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto III.
    It's not yet done but it looks pretty cool so far.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Yah, this game is great for watching crimes happen. I like being in a fight with a cop and having my gang members finish the fight for me. It's great.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I was standing outside the police station today (busted!), and a mugger attacked and killed a woman. The police shot him, and I wandered over and picked up her money and his gun.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Rick, I've made it a habit to not kill any fat old ladies - just so you know wink.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    I hate when some ballas attack me and the cars get scared and run me over.