Home General Discussion

What do you want to see?

Replies

• Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    why have lvlshot when you can have real THUMBNAILS!
  • Conor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Conor polycounter lvl 18
    Why are there no image sigs? They show up when you preview your post, but vanish in the final post!
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    they're not allowed i guess
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    id vote for getting rid of the titles on posts, i dont see a reason for them being there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that annoys me, too. It's hard to read.

Also, after clicking the quote button, the box where I have to enter my text is way too small. It shows only six rows.
    EDIT: Stupid me, I just found out how to change that... blush.gif
  • Voodoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Voodoo polycounter lvl 18
    FREEEEDDDDOOOOMMMMMMMM *dies*

lol good luck and congrads! And dont mess up, this is a moment she will remember forever, dont give her any ammo to use against you later on.
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Spaces in usernames! I've never seen a board that doesn't allow spaces. My spaces are a part of me. frown.gif

Similarly, the sixteen character limit for display names makes me sad. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Agreed ! I'm missing two spaces and a period, which would bring the length of my name to 17 characters.

[/ QUOTE ]Revolution! laugh.gif

Also, Voodoo, I think you responded to the wrong thread. wink.gif

Frank the Avenger
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Well I made the jump from hyperspace on the millenium falcon. Nice to all the fellow Brethren and Sistren here.

Major kudos to our fearless leader r13 and Kub for getting us going again. Woot!

Well I love the ability to change the page format in preferences, I like the info pop or frosted best. The old green and black is just too harsh for my old, tender eyes.
  • Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    Oh man, this board is ugly and cluttered.

Also, the restrictions on user name format are annoying. I hate it when I have to put an underscore in my name!

But yeah, I've always kinda wanted to have the feature where you can see who posted last in a given topic.

I've been hanging out at the Red vs Blue forums recently, in my opinion those are damn near perfect
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Meh... I like the old Poly-forums better! :/

+I like all the new additions, but the feel's just... different...
    Also, the window-size of posts seem small?

Meh, maybe it just needs sigs to "flesh it out"... The posts just seem miniature at the moment, imho.
    Probably a personal thing! O_o
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    I dunno guys the ability to change the defaults colors easy and it loads so much faster and you can disable loading member avatars, looks better if I get caught at work than with some avatars loaded on green n black. I hope we stay with these forums and they just drop the voyuer count and the hit popular count which Kubber's said was going.

Plus I think Artists/Geeks like us don't adjust to change very well, I know I don't, I like a certain routine and look and when change comes it kinda kicks in the shins.

Plus the polling option is so cool and unique. I can just imagine some of the polls members are going to make soon. smile.gif
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Just noticed something... The post-info bar between the last post, and the post before it, has the same blue background as the actual post... bug?
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    It's blue on the posts the system decided you didn't read yet.
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    "It's blue on the posts the system decided you didn't read yet."

I think that system is really borked. I've noticed several times where threads that have new posts are still blue and threads that I just read are still green. I've clicked on the blue threads that have new posts in them and the header shows up as blue, so it knows there's new posts, but it still shows it as blue, and same goes for green. At first I thought that maybe the colors were reversed, but there's many threads that show up as they should.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I meant the header background, the link colors follow no discernable pattern.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    not sure if its a bug with this version of UBB, or something that can be fixed... but the cookie trail links at the top of the thread/boards seem a little strange.

the left most one reads what section of the forum you are in, as opposed to showing the root forum name. Its minor, but a little funky none the less.

It just looks a little odd seeing 'General Discussion > General Discussion > Thread" instead of "Polycount Boards (whatever) > General Discussion > ..."
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    can i have better colors? Black orange would be cool (then i can call it "my" board laugh.gif )
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I would suspect that it is very easy to make the blue header on the last unread post be another colour. It could be another shade of green.

I'm sure Kub is on the job smile.gif
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    moose: If you go to the first page showing all the boards, in the red it has sort of a main catagory that the boards are in, so Gen Disc is in the Gen Disc catagory, and P&P as well as 2D&3D and contests are in the P&P catagory. So it's showing what catagory you're in, and then which board you're in.
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    I think 2d&3D should be under General Discussion, it's really a "pimping & previews" type category.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    titles don't seem to be working
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe only people who joined after those ranks wer eimplemented get dynamic ranks and for the rest the system assumes we have custom titles?
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone know how to set the number of topics viewed up from 12? locally or would that have to be done host side? It is really annoying having to go back through all those other pages to see if anyone has posted on the thread you are interested in.

tpe
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    OK smiles and gremlins are updated.
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    titles: i set them up after we let people in, so some got branded with the old some the new.. i'm interested to see if it changes you title if you are on the old system, to the new system
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Forum1/HTML/010080.html?00000

On going reference thread should be put back up....weza artists, weza need...uhmmm, others peoplez art to look at.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13: Nope, doesn't change. The system assumes we were given special titles by the admins.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    r13: if you get to it before me, rebuilding the threads should give everyone the current ranks or whatever.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK, I upped the character limit on names to 20 characters. I really don't want it much higher than that. I also enabled special charcters in the titles now as well. If you want to change your username, let me know (use bearkub3ATcomcastDOTnet since GSI's mail server sucks) and email me so I can delete the old account. Hopefully, I will have more changes in soon.
  • Deimos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deimos polycounter lvl 18
    <font color="blue"> test </font>
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I'd like to see the word Temporary removed from the title smile.gif
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    Yay! Thanks kub, I'll send you something when I get home. smile.gif

Frank the Avenger
  • bmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bmer polycounter lvl 18
    Username search option but only by topic START by this user

make sence right ?

-bmer
  • eepberries
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eepberries polycounter lvl 18
    I would REALLY love to be able to upload your avatar instead of having to host it elsewhere. The only place I can upload mine is mywebpage.netscape.com... and pictures usually work only half the time. It's really slow and buggy most of the time now. frown.gif
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'll hoast it for you. email it me marked 'polycount avatar' and i'll bung it up and pm you the url.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If this was mentioned already, my apologies.

I'd love to see the threads from the old board made available again, there was a great wealth of searchable content there, and it went back quite a few years.

I save threads I'm interested in to a HD archive, so I have copies of the ones I thought were useful. Paul Jaquays started a great one about normal mapping methods, thank god I saved that. Some great stuff in there.

But it would be nice to be able to point someone to one of the older threads, so much has been said already (and said well).

If possible, restoring them to the same old URLs would be helpful. Got some as bookmarks.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    we are going to restore the old boards in some archive format. More than likely will maintain the same urls
  • eepberries
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also it would be nice if all the RE's were gone.
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

- "Devisiting" threads with new posts. You know, the old boards didn't use a cookie but altrered the address enough so your browser would no longer consider the link visited.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

also mentioned was making posts with new replies default back to unread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved that feature of the last boards, and haven't seen another one do it quite as well. Much better than the "new posts" icon.
  • HarlequiN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequiN polycounter lvl 18
    This may have been mentioned already, but I miss the alternating Green/Blue posts, makes is much tougher to see where one post ends and the next begins unless I'm paying attention to the left hand column. I realise the post titles alternate, but that means that every second post has a blue post title, which makes it feel like part of the one before. Is this even possible to change in the new version?

Also, it's annoying as hell that it seems to default to the last post. Is this a user preference or a global one? I'm crunching right now so I've not really had a good chance to look around and see what's going on.

Oh, and I kinda miss being a mod in P&P, but I'm so damned busy right now I couldn't do anything with the power even if I had it. I've not even added an Avatar yet look wink.gif So don't sweat it on that score, heh.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You cannot see poll results without voting but after three days it forgets that you already voted. I don't want to skew the polls just to see the current results.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    the colors are too harsh and weird to me. i liked it the way it was before. frown.gif

also, a box with smiley in it next to the quick reply box, for easy usage.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra: You can set your color scheme in the user prefs, "default" should be the Polycount board colors.
  • eepberries
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another thing that bugs me is the "A" and "M" bubbles next to the administers' and moderaters' names.
  • HarlequiN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequiN polycounter lvl 18
    Wow! That means I'm an admin and didn't even know it!

PHEAR MY POWAIRE!

Hehehehe. (Sweet)
  • Makk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makk polycounter lvl 18
    Any chance of getting back images in our signatures?

All I want to display is this one-
    sig6.gif

Only 583 bytes too!
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    use it as your avatar
  • JBoskma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
    On the old boards when I visited a thread, the thread link in the index became the blue color of a visited link.
    When a new post was posted in that thread, the thread link in the index got the green color of an unvisited link.
    I found that really handy. It seems that the visited blue link color stays when you visited a thread once, and it doesn't turn back to the unvisited link color when somebody replied. If it's possible could this be changed? smile.gif
  • Apostle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apostle polycounter lvl 18
    Does anyone else have the problem of when you click on a thread it automatically takes you to the bottom of the page by the quick reply?
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Apostle:

yes, and that isnt a 'problem' it's a 'feature'. it takes you to the newest reply from the last time you visited the thread. as has been stated several times in this thread, they are working to get rid of that annoying 'feature'.
  • Apostle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apostle polycounter lvl 18
    oops, sorry about that. thanks for the info though.
    I'll be the first to admit that i was just too damn lazy to read the whole thread. smile.gif