Home Technical Talk

[3DSMAX] 2024.2 Array modifier problems after scale / rotate and re-loading file.

The array modifier behaves strangely after I close and reopen the 3dsmax file. It seems like transformations are changed and the array modifier gets confused. Arrays are rotated etc. If I make an instance copy and realign that to the viewport and remove and re-add the array modifier it works again. But only until I reload the file. Is this a known problem?

Replies

• darkmagick
    Does anyone have problems with the array modifier when the objects are rotated afterwards?
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Hope someone comes around until then i did some searching for the situation or any helpful tips that might help, i do not have this version of max so idk but otherwise i use follow path constraint and manually do things but usually do not need acurate "animations" per-say to do what i need for portfolio reasons.

Let us know if anything worked out here I'd like to hear about it, i just started to play with arrays after 20 years in max so yea i am no help but am interested to get ahead of any issues i might run into.  hope some1 who might know of anything comes around for you.

• darkmagick
    It seems that any rotation or scale transformation of the object after the array modifier has been added gives a wrong result once the files has been saved and re-loaded. 
  • darkmagick
    Is it the default for the array modifier give changed results after scaling or rotation of the object and re-loading the scene?