Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

M1A4 - new substance painter texture, how you like it ?

Lukke88
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Lukke88 polycounter lvl 6
Here is my work: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/04G4Pe my artwork in Cinema 4D and Substance painter
How do you like it ?

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! Got to say, the presentation makes it hard to evaluate the model. I think it's too noisy, and the object is small on screen.

From looking at the model in the 3d viewer, I get the impression the textures look wrong (broken UVs?) and there is seemingly no normal map?

I recommend double checking the model. Maybe take a step back altogether, follow a tutorial (or several), then apply your learnings to the model. If the task is too much and you're spreading thin, do some simpler assets first and work your way up in regards to complexity and scope. 

Continuously checking props/weapons from released games and experienced weapon artists could help to get ideas on presentation/shots and execution/quality.

Keep it up!
  • Mirge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mirge polycounter lvl 7
    Hey, nice model! I can give you a quick insight. The background in the presentation makes the prop stand out less so maybe we could work on that, you can also just isolate the model and make the backgroud black so it's emphasized! 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Just look at the base color. We've assessed and given feedback before, they haven't changed nor improved after two years. I'd say move on, not worth the time. Probably just a troll. Sad.