Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for Feedback - Game Art, Elsässich Street

Hi, i'm currently working on a little Elsässich street with modular assets.
I'm mostly done with modeling/texture assets, next steps is going on speedtree to have flowers for the planters i have on the windows and some on the street too. And finally doing the vertex painting in UE 5.3 to give each house a different color, and less clean/fake look with dirt, damage ect...
I currently have 5 textures, one for Wall, one for Roof tiles, Ground and 2 TrimSheets
Here's a render of my current progress with and without the megascans plants that are placeholder for now.

Feel free to give any feedback on the composition, asset that could add something to the scene or everything that comes to your mind !

Thanks !

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The street and base of the buildings look too clean, I'd expect some wear and detail where the buildings meet the ground. The composition could use a point of interest in the middle where all the lines lead. The ivy bridge thing in the background is visually confusing/weird, not clear what it is exactly. 
  • Enekiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TZacD said:
    The street and base of the buildings look too clean, I'd expect some wear and detail where the buildings meet the ground. The composition could use a point of interest in the middle where all the lines lead. The ivy bridge thing in the background is visually confusing/weird, not clear what it is exactly. 
    Thank you for the feedback, yea for now i agree it looks too clean there, it's something i will work on when i will do the vertex painting and add some decals too for some damage. There will be a lot of plants against the wall so it will probably helps too. As for the Ivy wall thing it was an idea from an LD friend to add some elements that could be used for gameplay like let's say a friendly assassin moving from a roof to another but i'm still thinking what elements i could use for that without making them out of place in the whole scene.
    As for the point of interest, i will keep that in mind to make it more interesting thank you !