Home Adobe Substance

Sampler news?

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter
I tried  to use  Sampler  few times through years and never found it any helpful really .   Uninstalled it to save space.   Just  read it got some new AI upscale  and  photo to material .   Is it  worth a new try?  Any better than before.      Something that could take 2x2 meters megascan material and turn  it into covering 10 meters   long  with natural mid frequency details  look .       Like dirt road with wheels tracks  for example or road side-ways .    

Or maybe  just some tools to fix phtogrammerty.   Content aware just hanged it last time i tried. 

I tried their previous  Ai and it never been  able to do anything  close to what Reality Capture could do .    Always something  a bit blurry . Terrible height channel.  No decent shadow  removing  or decent shape recognition beyond small pebbles  you can do without that AI  same easy on your own in any soft really.  

Is it any better now and worth trying again ?  Does anyone have a positive experience with it  and with what sort of subjects?  

Can it make not so hires photogrammetry look better?   Clean the random noise at least? 

Just don't want  to waste another  weekend  because I am so disappointed  with AI image tools and  don't believe any more   so if anyone did  already I  would appreciate any opinion.