Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jaguar XJR9

Hello any feedback and critics are welcome. This is an incomplete project, but due to time, carelessness,  and limited computing resources some things like the faulty proportion of the roof compare to the real one are unchangeable. Is this still good enough for a portofolio?

Replies

• KadenBurke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KadenBurke triangle
    I think the model looks amazing. The headlights probably need some adjustments because they look like they are from the blockout stage. I would not have noticed the roof shape had you not pointed it out, but I know that some people will. If I was going to use this for my portfolio then I would adjust the lighting. There is a reflection on the drivers side window that I find unappealing because it makes the window look frosted. Also the shadows are very dark. The shadows under the car are completly black and it makes it hard to see where the wheels connect with the ground. I would add some rim lighting to add more highlights across the edge of the car. Overall its a good model, great work.
  • teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    I wouldnt post it unless i wanted to redo it in some time so that i can show progression.
    The roof is not the only part with problems and the lighting is not very flattering. If it had any complex materials/shaders then maybe i would have posted for that but...
  • CrabAteMyPizza
    @teodar23 yeah i shouldve gather more reference images instead of half assedly gather some then kinda winging it, now the roof and sides are to rounded. Complex material seems out of my skill currently, assuming i can make the lighting better + i already made the interior and i plan to incorporate some speed shot with motion blur like the one below would you think it has chance of looking decent?

• CrabAteMyPizza
    @KadenBurke yeah im not much good at lighting both in practice and theeory, i made this light only based on reference and video tutorials that car studios usually have some big area lamp on top of the car and i was trying to highlight the front tire area but the result kinda makes it look more janky so i stick to only 1 light source in this picture. Ill try the rim light whenever i can, but i think your point about the proportion of the car is that people would notice it if they just look at a glance, dumb me. Thanks for the kind encouragement.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    can you post the wires? 

because inaccurate modeling, is half the problem when naming something that's not up to spec, especially a folio piece...

And better believe it!  there's entire communities of diehard motor racing enthusiasts active online which wont be backward coming forward venting their opinions.
  • alfonzx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yo man i like it how did you get that vinyl around there...like obviously i know it's UV editing but i've just got modeling skills looking around at some of the other aspects of blender