Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Rate my computer in the fallout style

Hello, I'm a beginner 3D artist, and I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VJWxzb

Replies

• scottycharly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    scottycharly polycounter lvl 10
    Nice piece. Overall nice to look at. Your topology is good but your 4 edges chamfer could be more optimized. Two edges is enough and let the normal map do the rest. Also your Marmoset viewer is to shiny, like the case was varnished. I would suggest to increase the roughness.
  • rexo12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 interpolator
    Concur with above, competently modelled & textured and composition is well executed. I would like to see more detail - although it's not an angle in your main renders if you're doing an interactive showcase you should model in things like the backplate sockets & cables and such like that. 

The 4 dials on the keyboard don't look as though they can actually be rotated, and the material looks like it would be too slippery. The mouse-sphere thing lacks geometric detail.

Would like to ask, is that a real keyboard layout? I've never seen anything like it.
  • BananONE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 said:
    Concur with above, competently modelled & textured and composition is well executed. I would like to see more detail - although it's not an angle in your main renders if you're doing an interactive showcase you should model in things like the backplate sockets & cables and such like that. 

The 4 dials on the keyboard don't look as though they can actually be rotated, and the material looks like it would be too slippery. The mouse-sphere thing lacks geometric detail.

Would like to ask, is that a real keyboard layout? I've never seen anything like it.
    Thank you for your feedback. I agree with your comments. The keyboard is the result of my imagination.