Home Technical Talk

HELP! Cant Export Polygroups as Mats while UV Unwrapping in Blender??

This is so odd. So what i want to do is make a Polygroup in Zbrush then export it into blender so i can Hand Unwrap it, And then Assign a SINGLE MAT to it, so when i open Substance painter ill be texturing on one material and being able to CRTL+RM to assign material easier. 

ISSUES are Zbrush options are "Export Polygroups as Mats" which mean i need a separate material for each polygroup! And then in substance painter i have like 6 Materials!! NO MAS!

Cant delete the material in blender cause the polygroup is linked to it.

I've Tried blender TexTools addon and i get a similar issue Vertex colors are just materials in SP.

Any Help or solution to my issue Would be Great im open to using any software i need to be able to do this.

Much Thanks!!

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Usually you export  hi-res mesh  from Zbrush . How many materials it has is irrelevant.   

But if it is  your low res mesh and you want one single material for everything  just delete all extra materials in Blender .   It wouldn't kill polygroups for Substance Painter .  You still would be able to access them in ID: MeshID/polygroups.   Zbrush adds some attribute.

Besides if for some reason  it doesn't work for you,   you can apply random vertex color  for each materialID  with geometry nodes
    And substance painter will see it as vertex color.  
  • AverieBrenner6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @gnoop Thanks! ill try this out, But when i delete the material it does Kill the Polygroup in Substance whatever the last color i delete was, the whole mesh is that polygroup color now. But ill give this a Shot
  • gnoop
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    @gnoop Thanks! ill try this out, But when i delete the material it does Kill the Polygroup in Substance whatever the last color i delete was, the whole mesh is that polygroup color now. But ill give this a Shot

In "store named attribute"  set  face corners  instead of points. it will do  flat vertex color fill   without gradients. Sorry I forgot to do it.    Also  create an empty "color attribute " in attributes lists  to see it in viewport.  Otherwise  it may appear only after applying  geometry node modifier.   And also in solid shading properties  choose attribute to see vertex color in viewport.
  • AverieBrenner6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @gnoop That Worked, Thanks!!