Home General Discussion

CG TRADER - Payments problem

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
So I finally sold my first model pack on CG Trader and that was back in july.( I don't really check it too much) They still haven't paid me
Since I am based in the Uk and am a sole trader, i can't provide a VAT registered certificate, but there is no way
to change it in my settings anyway
Not sure what to do now

Any ideas and are they likely to pay me?
frustrating when i finally made a breakthrough

mike

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Good luck with that. I had to supply a sales tax number before I got paid. Maybe an idea to register yourself for that purpose if you plan to make money with this on a regular basis. I know there is a lot of info on the CGT site. Perhaps that will help. I'm sure someone will drop by with better info.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    @kanga yeah I might have to re register as a peronal account, not a business account. They surely must get that not everyone is VAT registered. You have to make a certain amount per year before you need to do that in the UK
    I am a sole Trader and gave them my UTR number ( Unique taxpayer reference number ) but they want some kind of business certficate
    My pack was on sale for $199 ,but I only get $95 dollars because people who buy stuff get various discounts
  • corymeyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    corymeyer polycounter lvl 6
    If you have not already tried, they have a support forum:

They also have support email at support@cgtrader.com
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah I am now waiting on a support ticket thanks
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    ha ha still no reply from them. not surprised
    jsut thinking I will switch to another platform, but there are downsides on most of them, not getting paid etc
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    spoke too soon, they were very helpful in the end. I had to update the agreement as a personal account, not a business account, though obviously I will still declare the income on my tax return
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yay. Coincidentally I just had a face-to-face chat with a couple of key people from CGTrader. They seem like good people!
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    good to know. its a bit of a minefield when selling stuff online. BUT thank  ferk I finallly sold something anyway :)
    It was a rather obscure pack which I put on sale in 2020  full of signage, lamposts and traffic lights
    I aim to put up more stuff that will sell better this time, but i will feel better when the payment agreement has been okayed