Home Marmoset

You can see the seams when you bake the marmoset

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi, my model shows seams when baking, although on those places in maya there are soft edges, I have tried many settings in marmoset and changed uv nothing helps, I also have places with a cut on soft edges and there are not visible seams, but on these places they are visible in sabstans also visible seams help please

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! Align UV seams to the pixel grid to minimize aliasing artifacts along seams. Also maximize use of texture space (mirror/repeat elements, adjust the texel density based on visibility) or increase overall texture resolution. What's the current texture resolution? If you're using a different shader for the skin, could also consider a separate texture set for it.
  • Stonnoss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi texture resolution 4k I have mirrored everything I could and enlarged some parts nothing helped, and to combine UV seams with a pixel grid do not really understand how it + here are my settings in marmoset .Even in Substance  tri planar doesn't help hide that seam.

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! I would evaluate the bake first, without any textures applied, to make sure the issue lies there.

I would make sure UVs of mirrored or repeated parts are outside the 0-1 space (offset by 1) to prevent two different values being written to the same pixel. 

To align the hands UV seams to pixels, you would have put the fingers in a more straight position. This will introduce a bit of stretching to some areas, but that shouldn't be an issue with unique textures. Some hand-UVs with straightened UV borders (edited): 

Share your mesh (or the part you have issues with) to get a specific suggestion.
  • Stonnoss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had my palms completely aligned and it didn't help. I don't know what the problem is. I've never had this before.

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! Your looking at a tangent space normal map, what matters is that the shading looks correct on the lit model. If you still get visible seams, increase the hands texture resolution.