Home General Discussion

Anyone know where I can find an old 3d kit called Recon3d?

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
I found a portion of a modular architecture kit, it is pretty old and appears to have originally been distributed on CDs. I think it was original for 3ds max only. Looks like the name was Recon3d:

Anybody familiar with this? Portions of it are distributed through torrents but I'd like to buy it if its still possible to find anywhere.

Samples:

Replies

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    idk if this is legit but i'll pm you the link and you have to figure it out, sry but if this is old as it seems it might be impossible or a very long adventure to figuring out who owns this and which site is legit.
    pm.
    Disclaimer use the link at own risk, i terminated 3rd parties and other things to check it out.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Thanks. That looks like somebody pirated it and is now selling it though. I do have a complete pirated version, but since I actually would like to use the models directly in a commercial project I'd rather not use them in such a way.

Looks like it is from 2004. Unfortunately the official website has no email. It does have a phone number. I guess I could call, lol. Not much other choices.

edit: looks like copyright is expired, which at least according to quick search means it is public domain. Will talk to a lawyer about it though: