Home Adobe Substance

Issues when trim sheet

node
I have a good PC and no problem since I began trim sheet. I created the mesh (plane) on Maya, made UV and imported and baked in Substance.
When I put colors layers (for anchors point) it's good but when I'm begin to make normal, height and texture it's... war ! I don't understand why this random display problems ! 
Every time I have to close and reopen Substance and sometime it's already the mess

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics            3.20 GHz
32,0 Go RAM
Windows 11

Thank you for your help !

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! What does Radeon Graphics mean? Make sure the graphics card meets the hardware requirements (minimum AMD Radeon RX 580), the drivers are up to date and Painter is using the correct graphics card if multiple installed. Does it only happen with this project?
    Good luck!
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter

It's a mobile chip with an integrated GPU which almost certainly doesn't meet minimum requirements.

That doesn't guarantee it won't work  - provided the drivers and Painter are playing nice with each other it should function at a basic level (painter appears to run, which it also does on my 5500u laptop). 
    AMD GPU support in Painter (and plenty of other apps) has never been particularly solid so I'm not surprised to see it breaking when things get even mildly difficult.

That sort of corruption looks like a memory issue (gut feeling).  Assuming you have the latest drivers (or you google and try to find a driver version that people say works) you could try reducing your working texture size and reducing the bit depth of the channels in your texture set in the hope that it fixes the issue

You really do need a dedicated (ideally nvidia) GPU to work effectively with Painter - which doesn't help you much if you're working off a laptop or other small form factor machine

• Raphi33fr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raphi33fr node
    Thank you very mush for your help. Since I have this laptop, I never had this issues with Painter. I made Unreal scene, etc. Since some weeks I have this problem. I have updated all I could but... Maybe some conflicts with Windows driver... I will see that

I did all of this with my laptop : https://raphaellabarre1.artstation.com/ 
    With Maya/Substance and Unreal workflow
  • Raphi33fr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raphi33fr node
    poopipe said:

It's a mobile chip with an integrated GPU which almost certainly doesn't meet minimum requirements.

That doesn't guarantee it won't work  - provided the drivers and Painter are playing nice with each other it should function at a basic level (painter appears to run, which it also does on my 5500u laptop). 
    AMD GPU support in Painter (and plenty of other apps) has never been particularly solid so I'm not surprised to see it breaking when things get even mildly difficult.

That sort of corruption looks like a memory issue (gut feeling).  Assuming you have the latest drivers (or you google and try to find a driver version that people say works) you could try reducing your working texture size and reducing the bit depth of the channels in your texture set in the hope that it fixes the issue

You really do need a dedicated (ideally nvidia) GPU to work effectively with Painter - which doesn't help you much if you're working off a laptop or other small form factor machine

I give some details :

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    first thing is to make sure the machine is using the RX 5500M  in painter - there's a setting in windows somewhere (google for that) 

second is to make sure you can still work on the other assets you've made 
    - if you can't its likely broken on a driver/windows/painter update
    - if you can, there's something about this scene that is upsetting your machine

• Raphi33fr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raphi33fr node
    Well... It's first one : broken on a driver/windows/painter update... I'm trying to fix that :/