Home Freelance Job Postings

[CLOSED] [PAID] Seeking an experienced environment designer with Unity expertise

Hello everyone,

I've recently come across some stunning portfolios here in the Polycount forum, and it's prompted me to reach out for some collaborative help on a project I'm currently working on.

A little about myself, my name is Mike Scornavacca, and I'm a rising senior in the computer science department at Princeton University (my LinkedIn is here). My passion lies in creating games, with my last published game, Shadows in the Darkness, released all the way back in 2017 (linked here). Since that release, my projects have been smaller and less ambitious, but I'm excited to change that.

Right now, I'm in the process of creating a small single-player puzzle game. The setting is a colorless/drained environment estimated to provide a 2-3 hour gameplay experience. I've hit a point in the project where my need for a creative eye in environmental design exceeds my own capabilities, hence this post.

The ideal collaborator for this project would be someone who thrives in making environments look coherent and translating designs into artistically sound levels. Experience with the Unity workflow, including some knowledge of the post-processing stack, is necessary. I'd gladly share screenshots/videos of the project's current state with interested individuals.

As for the timeline, I aim to have a demo ready in the next 1-1.5 months, after which I plan to present it to some publisher contacts for feedback. Expanding this into a full game will hinge on their thoughts. At this stage, the commitment required is up to a month. Discussions about any possible extension beyond this will be held after the demo presentation.

What's crucial to note is that this opportunity is paid, not revenue share. Given that the project may not progress beyond the demo stage, I wouldn't want to string anyone along with promises of future revenue. I've set aside personal funds for this project to ensure fair compensation.

If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in exploring further, please get in touch. I'm eager to hear from any interested parties!

Feel free to message/friend me on Discord (@scornzm) or email me (me@scornz.com). 

Thank you!